Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

House Item, or Minigame?

In which category would a telescope that shows random 10-second cutscenes be placed?

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Xxx
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Good idea, @Cadror But maybe one knob on the telescope could be for cut screens and the other knob for using as a real telescope? One could get a real view of a small area on the edge of your line of sight? The telescope could be a fixed appliance to put on your house/apartment/freehold and another (rarer) version might be portable.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I hate cutscenes in MMOs.
  • Options
    CadrorCadror Member
    Even if it was just as much seeing 10 seconds of an assassin being hired as it seeing somebody walking around with a barrel-of-shame?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cadror wrote: »
    Even if it was just as much seeing 10 seconds of an assassin being hired as it seeing somebody walking around with a barrel-of-shame?

Yeah, in an MMO I hate it.

If a developer cant tell their story in their game, they need to get better at making games.

If my character is unable to see it, then I shouldnt see it. If my character can see it, then I can see it happening in game, with the games NPC dialogue.

At that point, there is no need for a cutscene in an MMO to exist.
  • Options
    CadrorCadror Member
    That would be the reason i didn't suggest it be a part of any quests.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd also prefer the item to be a house item that you can take outside. Would be good use in a siege. No cutscenes required.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cadror wrote: »
    That would be the reason i didn't suggest it be a part of any quests.

So, you want Intrepid to create cut scenes just for this item?

If that were the case, the only place you would be able to acquire it is the cash shop.
  • Options
    CadrorCadror Member
    That would depend on whether any Intrepid game has those, since the purpose of this thread isn't about what that telescope does, it's what type of item it should be labeled as.
  • Options
    CadrorCadror Member
    Finally, there's whether said telescope should be Percival Lowell-sized, or the handheld kind that ocean-goers use.
  • Options
    VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited June 2023
    Browser -> youtube shorts / facebook reels / tiktok.

I don't mind cutscenes that tell an important part of story / lore, or convey important information, or just provide an "aweeee this is cooool" effect, as long as it's something that would be seen by most if not all players. (e.g. a dramatic opening cutscene, or one that plays after players have reached a common yet major milestone, e.g. max level)

Niche / conditional cutscenes gated behind some conditions that won't be cleared by a good majority of players (random stuff counts) = just dead data pointlessly occupying disc storage.
  • Options
    And someone's camping near the spot where everyone has their cut-scene, and while you're in your cut-scene, they're beating the hell out of you, and you come out of it half-dead and at a major disadvantage.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind a telescope item for your house. Not sure about the cutscene though. Perhaps just a zoomed in view when you interact with it to check out the beautiful scenery.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    If we're gonna do a house item with cut-scenes, then let's add a Crystal ball as well
  • Options
    CadrorCadror Member
    One thing that should definitely be a house item is a mouse trap.
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Cool idea. I would personally rather have a Pensieve.
  • Options
    RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love an Iron maiden.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    Ooooh and a stripper pol..... I mean polished roof support rod on a raised dais.