Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What does everyone want to see in the upcoming live stream?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bobby4stevensBobby4stevens Member
    edited June 2023
    1. A class preview that features secondary archetype skill enhancement (I know this is asking for a lot...)
    2. Node progression
  • Options
    1. A class preview that features secondary archetype skill enhancement (I know this is asking for a lot...)

Yes. I'm changing my vote to this.

Then nodes.

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    PvP.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    2. Node progression

I'd rather see all the archetypes out first before seeing the secondary augments. We're still waiting for a decent chunk of them to be shown. Why bother trying to sort out secondary augments when your full archetype list isn't even complete?!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    1. The remaining archetypes, espcially:
    - Rogue and how "stealthy" it'll be
    - Summoner, the supposedly Jack of all trades.
    2. Augments, and classes
    3. Processing & crafting
    4. Animal husbandry & farming
  • Options
    I'd like to see another key feature that'll need to be present for alpha 2. Nodes, augments, classes, race mechanics, etc. They recently hit some kind of milestone, so I'm guessing they just finished a few projects and are ramping up new ones.. so hopefully they have some other ones for the next milestone that are finishing up their pre alpha 2 development.

I think I'd most like to see conpleted first passes on all the races and some general stats, but I really think that has to wait until the classes are almost complete otherwise it could end up influencing the classes in a bad way. I'd like to see strong racial abilities, but generalized enough that it won't pinhole them into one archetype. I'd like to see three optimized archetypes for each, with the augments optimizing classes bryond those three in a meaningful way that allows for even greater variety.

For instance, what's the difference between an orc fighter/mage and an elf fighter/mage? Will an orc mage become greatly more powerful when they hit 25 and pick fighter as their subclass and their strength stats start applying to the augmented abilities?

Let me innnnn!
  • Options
    -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    Dwarves. Especially Dünir dwarves.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Allegedly we're getting some freehold info in the next stream
    oh1y9xr83p7j.png
  • Options
    I just came to post the Freehold's comment :) looks like I was 2 minutes late.

Can't wait!
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    Oooooh, I wonder if we'll finally get an answer to the Freehold Cosmetic question!

Can "Freehold Building Cosmetic Skins" be placed on any building, or are they going to be restricted to certain types of building?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Oh, exciting stuff. Freeholds are connected with so many other aspects of the game. I wonder how much updating/changes will be required in July on the Wiki. :D
  • Options
    ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nodes would be at the top of the list for me, however that being said, I'm very interested in how they present freeholds and hoping there is a fair bit of Crafting being shown.

With their increased number of workers, I'm wondering if they are getting backlogged in the stuff they can show us, since a 1 hour stream a month is most likely not sufficient anymore to really give a accurate depiction of what they've accomplished.
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn/featured
  • Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I already know its too much to ask for as a customer, but I want a roadmap. So here is my fever-dream wish.

I don't want timelines or dates on it, because even Intrepid doesnt know.

But I want something that says, these are the systems we are working on.
    We can work on these things in parallel, and then these things follow those things, in a map, or even better in a Gantt chart format.

The reason being is, I am really invested in the universe created here, and I really enjoy what I saw before in the alpha and every month since. However, it can feel a lot of times that they are randomly picking and choosing what to work on as a player. Which is totally understandable, that there is a huge team with many different focuses and different things become more or less completed at different speeds. Which is why a map would be awesome.

We can look at it, and say this is where we were in Alpha1, this is how we got here today, and this is what is left. If these major points are done, we will consider spot testing. When all of these are complete, we will do internal testing and then announce alpha2. I am really hyped for this game, I would like to be able to follow the monthly videos and see on a map just how we are that much closer.

Beyond that, I don't have a good sense for what is still going to be in development during alpha2, and so forth and so on meaning that will need its own map. (Also helpful as players we can know what to focus on while we explore and test every system)