Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Nexus Mods Popularity

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
With over 464,384 mods for 2,221 games from 115,971 authors serving 40,852,625 members with 7,830,896,389 downloads to date, a quick browse of the most downloaded mods is a great indication of what the RPG market enjoys.

I`m not advocating for Ashes mods, moreover just some of the idea./ concepts that the mods brought to those games.

Wonder how many mod ideas would translate well to Ashes MMORPG?

Comments

• NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2023
    I am sure a tasteful nude mod, with bigger boobs and jiggle physics, would be popular in Ashes too, should it be possible.

To be more serious, it's usually the UI and quality of life mods I go for in games, and community bug fix patches. Game overhauls wouldn't translate to an MMO, and neither would most of the other stuff except for the UI stuff really. Hopefully they deliver on their promise to incorporate a really customizable UI in the game, so we never feel like we need addons or mods.
  • I would rather NOT have mods. That way everyone is on the same leve, whether is that is good or bad, remains to be seen
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    BlackBrony wrote: »
    I would rather NOT have mods. That way everyone is on the same leve, whether is that is good or bad, remains to be seen

Not having mods means people are not on the same level.

An example of this is the combat tracker I already have. I have it, you dont. If it were allowed to be shared, I'd share it. That would put us on the same level.

That said, this thread isnt about mods for Ashes.
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2023
    Thanks, I think perhaps leaving the intent of this thread simply explained has led to a different range of thoughts that I intended.

Take Skyrim as an example, the most popular downloads are listed from number 1 to number 15 below:
    (ommitted two duplications)

1) High-Resolution Textures - 17Mil downloads
    2) Bug Fixes
    3) Improved UI
    4) Character creation
    5) Static Mesh improvement
    6) Perk trees
    7) Quality Perk Map
    8) Spell Pack
    9) Enhanced Cities
    10) Realistic Water
    11) NPC dialogue improvement
    12) Landscape Improvements
    13) Immersive Armor
    14) Body Slide / Outfit studio
    15) Flora Overhall - 6 Mil downloads

Hazard a guess the priorities of importance are demonstrated by the number of downloads but all relative to the base game. I`d say AoC has demonstrated an intent to address most of these items so far