Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hardest boss in all of gaming?

SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
https://youtu.be/AGwB9MJe9AA

Anyone ever fight these two space toads?

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Asmon is quite bad with multiple enemies (a self-reported issue), so even if these toads are on the harder side, for him they must've been abnormally difficult.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Asmon is quite bad with multiple enemies (a self-reported issue), so even if these toads are on the harder side, for him they must've been abnormally difficult.

I just wanted to confirm if anyone actually fought this bought.

Twin fights are some of my favorite MMO boss mechanics and I absolutely forgot to tell Vaknar and Roshen.

Wonder if Az or No fought either of these two uglies.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited June 2023
    Also, literally the simplest but huge increase in difficulty would come from a requirement to kill each of them within a short period of time of each other. I think some dark souls had that mechanic and even L2 (in a later update) had a twin boss that you had to kill within a short time window.
  • Options
    Also, literally the simplest but huge increase in difficulty would come from a requirement to kill them within a short period of time. I think some dark souls had that mechanic and even L2 (in a later update) had a twin boss that you had to kill within a short time window.

Yep.

That's why I like them, ESO has twin fights and triplet fights but they're weaksauce.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2023
    Also, literally the simplest but huge increase in difficulty would come from a requirement to kill each of them within a short period of time of each other. I think some dark souls had that mechanic and even L2 (in a later update) had a twin boss that you had to kill within a short time window.

EQ2 had quite a few twinned fights, a number of them required you to keep the HP of each mob within 1 or 2 percent of each other at all times. Basically the same as requiring them to be killed close together, except being applied throughout the whole fight.

Another interesting twinned fight was where one of the mobs would self heal to full if the other wasn't in its sight, and the other would heal to max HP if the first was in its sight. Once you killed one of them, you had a very short amount of time to kill the other. It made for a solid DPS check that started half way through the encounter.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

EQ2 had quite a few twinned fights, a number of them required you to keep the HP of each mob within 1 or 2 percent of each other at all times. Basically the same as requiring them to be killed close together, except being applied throughout the whole fight.

Another interesting twinned fight was where one of the mobs would self heal to full if the other wasn't in its sight, and the other would heal to max HP if the first was in its sight. Once you killed one of them, you had a very short amount of time to kill the other. It made for a solid DPS check that started half way through the encounter.

Any of them worth naming for Intrepid?
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Solvryn wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »

Any of them worth naming for Intrepid?

A solid number of Intrepid developers came from EQ2.

They know the encounters.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    living liquid in ff14 or Venril Sathir from EQ for different reasons.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    SunboySunboy Member
    Bobby Kotick 🤪