Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Who's hyped?

This sounds like a good game, hope it doesn't flop. :)

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Definitely not me :)
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Definitely not me :)

No No @NiKr … see below …

H Y P E
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The YouTube crowd are hyped.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Zero hype. At this point, we have even less than Star Citizen.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ehrgeiz wrote: »
    Zero hype. At this point, we have even less than Star Citizen.

yet here you are, typing in the forum of a game that you are less hyped than star citizen
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    I think "hype" is the wrong feeling to have at this point. I want to reserve my hype for the lead-up to the actual launch. Now I'm just enjoying the dev process and thinking about all the different potential and possibilities.

I work in design IRL and use Blender, Unreal Engine and Adobe for Architectural and Interior Design renders. The idea of being able to sit down and create a sandbox world in which people can play is super captivating. I think many of us who are following along share a similar... Wouldn't it be cool if? type of thought process. It's creative and fun at the end of the day.

Also. Designing for real life is boring, haha, Nobody wants to build cool castles or fantasy houses. :D
  • Options
    ErdunErdun Member
    I've not been hyped for a game in a long time. Anyways the game develop actually look promising and very good so I'm not really "HYPED" but not disappointed about the game or at least this progress in alpha 2.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am excited, curbing my impatience, and very much looking forward to a great game. High hopes.
  • Options
    The last stream looks amazing. Specially if watch it on high graphics in YouTube
  • Options
    Chaos_LegionChaos_Legion Member
    edited June 2023
    I wonder how many kickstarters will leave gaming before AoC or SC release. 10 years is a long time. People have kids, great jobs, grow old, loose interest in genre or just perish. I am very hyped but I dont buy games I cant play immediately.
  • Options
    I wonder how many kickstarters will leave gaming before AoC or SC release. 10 years is a long time. People have kids, great jobs, grow old, loose interest in genre or just perish. I am very hyped but I dont buy games I cant play immediately.

I hear you, I've been playing MMOs for long time, I wasted money on a lot vaporwares, never again, I wish them all the luck, but they dont see a penny from me, unless its out and the reviews are good.
  • Options
    Think they are making decent progress. Again just wanting a good game that lasts. They need to take their time so it isn't a flop 8 months later. I just hope they are hitting their internal deadlines and able to complete what they set out to achieve each week, month, or quarter
  • Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm hyped for Ashes, but man it's just like...it's been so long and it's still long yet. And gaming in general is just in the dumps right now. So I'm hyped for it, there's not much else to be hyped for, but at the same it's just like fuck.
  • Options
    SunboySunboy Member
    Hyped is the not word I would describe my feelings. More like moderately hopeful. I wouldn’t be sad if AoC flopped. But I think I will be hyped when it comes out.

Until then I play Fortnite.

Much love ❤️
  • Options
    karma52karma52 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    i try not to be to hyped because i know how long we still got to wait
  • Options
    nuri123 wrote: »

I hear you, I've been playing MMOs for long time, I wasted money on a lot vaporwares, never again, I wish them all the luck, but they dont see a penny from me, unless its out and the reviews are good.

I am sure they will release the game and its going to be at least decent. I doubt I will play it by the time its here. )))
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    WHIT3ROS3 wrote: »
    I think "hype" is the wrong feeling to have at this point. I want to reserve my hype for the lead-up to the actual launch. Now I'm just enjoying the dev process and thinking about all the different potential and possibilities.

I work in design IRL and use Blender, Unreal Engine and Adobe for Architectural and Interior Design renders. The idea of being able to sit down and create a sandbox world in which people can play is super captivating. I think many of us who are following along share a similar... Wouldn't it be cool if? type of thought process. It's creative and fun at the end of the day.

Also. Designing for real life is boring, haha, Nobody wants to build cool castles or fantasy houses. :D

It's always nice and reassuring to see those who appreciate and enjoy our open-development approach ^_^

I can totally relate to that feeling of thinking to yourself "Wouldn't it be cool if...?", and I think being able to be a part of the development process for a game, by actively providing feedback and input on the development process, can make the journey so much more fulfilling! <3
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited June 2023
    As with most things in life: hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
    • If you don't create expectations and enjoy the the game, it'll be an amazing experience; if you don't enjoy the game, you'll just move on.
    • If you create expectations and you enjoy the game, it'll be an amazing experience; if you don't enjoy the game, you'll probably feel very bad.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶