Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Big bosses should cause damage to the area where their corpse falls

ManueljfManueljf Member
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
Along with the mechanic of having these big mobs and bosses destroy the environment when they are moving around, PLEASE for even more sweet inmersion:

Have them cause big almost lethal or lethal damage to the area where their corpse falls when they die. Melee and tank players who were too close and didn't move away should be severely hurt or die.

Nothing more inmersion breaking than killing a huge boss and having its gigantic model fall on top of your tiny character and nothing happens.

This game is creating a world with incredible inmersion and I think this would contribute even more to this.

Great work Intrepid.

Comments

• Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    first you want more screen shake for tanks, now you want lethal damage for tanks... what have we done to you? go mess up with ranged classes they have it easy in every mmo 🤣
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    SolmyrSolmyr Member
    I'm generally in favor of stuff that makes you pay attention to your surroundings. It doesn't necessarily have to be damage, although that makes the most sense in-universe. Just a knockdown or a stun would be enough.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2023
    I agree 100%
    The last mechanic. Everyone that pretends that they dont walk away from a large, falling, dying boss, when gaming, is a liar...
  • Options
    I actually wouldn't mind the damage being large, but not lethal for a tank. For example 1 punch man is tiny but has no trouble fighting larger enemies. Similarly tanks...
  • Options
    ManueljfManueljf Member
    edited June 2023
    Liniker wrote: »
    first you want more screen shake for tanks, now you want lethal damage for tanks... what have we done to you? go mess up with ranged classes they have it easy in every mmo 🤣

😂😂😂
    Just thought of more inmersion for tank gameplay. I actually played tank most of my mmogame life

Could just have the bosses take two or three seconds to completely finish their dying animation so tanks can run.
  • Options
    Solmyr wrote: »
    I'm generally in favor of stuff that makes you pay attention to your surroundings. It doesn't necessarily have to be damage, although that makes the most sense in-universe. Just a knockdown or a stun would be enough.

Yea could be stun with a knockdown and some minor dmg I guess
  • Options
    Not a bad idea!
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    While I'm not at all against the premise here, I don't see how it would really impact tank immersion or gameplay all that much.

If we were talking large bosses, we are talking raid content. In a raid, a tank will just take that damage or the CC, and the healers will then deal with it.

A far more impactful suggestion (in terms of gameplay) would be if smaller, solo mobs had an on death effect. Small mushroom mobs popping and releasing a cloud of poisonous spores, for example. If you are soloing, you WILL want to get away from that.
  • Options
    VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited June 2023
    I see how this could potentially turn into an initiation-ritual for new Ashes players ...

"You've just died to a falling dead boss. Now you know this game is DIFFERENT. Welcome to Ashes!"
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I see how this could potentially turn into an initiation-ritual for new Ashes players ...

"You've just died to a falling dead boss. Now you know this game is DIFFERENT. Welcome to Ashes!"

I would imagine that by the time players are taking on any boss big enough for this to make sense, they would already know Ashes is different.

In fact, if they are taking on such a boss before seeing for themself that Ashes is different, I would argue that this fact in itself would prove that Ashes - in this scenario - isn't all that different.
  • Options
    Don't really like the idea at all, sorry.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited June 2023
    Be sure to leave your feedback regarding what was shown on the May Development Update Livestream on the official feedback thread if you haven't already!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    HeljyHeljy Member
    I'm.