Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

content creator stat

AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Has anyone else noticed the obvious difficulty the early adopter streamers have had maintaining an audience/relevancy? at the same time no information has been given about the content creator program?

Some of the early adopters have turned negative and have become the equivalent of BatMan's Joker.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    To be perfectly blunt, it doesn't matter what content creators think right now.

When the game is close to release, Intrepid will set up some sort of program for them. This is a given. Those content creators will all then jump on board and make a bunch of videos about the game - because it's content for them to make other content about. To be clear, the reason these content creators are against Ashes right now is because there is no content for them to regurgitate on to their channels right now (the bulk of gaming content creators really are just content regurgitators).

Since the mindless masses that watch these content creators aren't able to think for themselves (hence watching these content creators that are creating content about other peoples content), and are indeed mindless, they would have forgotten that their favorite content creator was a bit negative about the game previously, and will simply look to the most recent videos said content creator is making.

As such, Intrepid simply do not want a content creator program - and the hype that it generates - until a few months before the games release.
  • Options
    Abarat wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the obvious difficulty the early adopter streamers have had maintaining an audience/relevancy? at the same time no information has been given about the content creator program?

Some of the early adopters have turned negative and have become the equivalent of BatMan's Joker.

That's a "Them Problem". If they're going to set up weekly streams about a game that isn't released yet and only provides new info once a month, then that's on them.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »
    To be perfectly blunt, it doesn't matter what content creators think right now.

When the game is close to release, Intrepid will set up some sort of program for them. This is a given. Those content creators will all then jump on board and make a bunch of videos about the game - because it's content for them to make other content about. To be clear, the reason these content creators are against Ashes right now is because there is no content for them to regurgitate on to their channels right now (the bulk of gaming content creators really are just content regurgitators).

Since the mindless masses that watch these content creators aren't able to think for themselves (hence watching these content creators that are creating content about other peoples content), and are indeed mindless, they would have forgotten that their favorite content creator was a bit negative about the game previously, and will simply look to the most recent videos said content creator is making.

As such, Intrepid simply do not want a content creator program - and the hype that it generates - until a few months before the games release.

+1 and lol
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    I'm looking at Narc for this one though I can't say whether he would fit everyones definition of an "early adopter" - not that this would be important.

He just started livestreaming expanding on the original topic - Ashes of Creation - by now going through different currently popular MMOs in hardcore mode and extra challenges on top. And while he is not a giant in this media business, his creativity and ability to create interesting new content around the subject of Ashes and MMORPGs to me looks like all one can ask for, seeing how being paid to play games is definitely one of the best signs of having a good life.

So if they struggle, there is no reason to complain to Intrepid, but there is reason to adapt.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Abarat wrote: »

@Jahlon shots fired

0z8gkf6bs5zq.jpg
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I suppose there are some 'Content Creators' who genuinely want to help others by pointing them to interesting things, but I sometimes feel most of them are like guys on loud motorcycles yelling 'Look at me! Look at me!'
  • Options
    Honestly, anything beyond a once-a-month Dev Livestream recap video at this point is just pandering to AoC addicts who will watch anything with "Ashes of Creation" in the title. That's not a large audience.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png