Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Boss taunts

HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I think it would be interesting and fun to see larger and important bosses like the Cyclops have a "taunting" animation if they manage to wipe out the raid attacking them.

This animation could be anything from a dance to rub In the feeling of shame to simply sitting down and eating a snack (like that fight was intense, let me eat over your ash piles)

It could also be things like a cheer or flourish. And if/when we get VA could have an accompanying boss win voiceline.
lsb9nxihx5vc.png

Comments

• Options
    Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited June 2023
    Yeah he should moon the corpses or maybe even "roll the dice" at them. Would be pretty funny to see that as you stroll by with your group in the open world.
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    I think to have some animations around that would be great. The cyclops could pick up a corpse if he is close enough and swing it as a weapon or just throw it away and then spawn an extra spirit wolf from the direction where he yeeted the dead.

A dragon could just eat a fallen player and let out a triumphant roar.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Ace1234 wrote: »
    Yeah he should moon the corpses or maybe even "roll the dice" at them. Would be pretty funny to see that as you stroll by with your group in the open world.

A cyclops mooning a dead raid party would be pretty hilarious.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    prymortalprymortal Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Personally I'd prefer them to have petrify than taunt, Seen boss taunts in other games, gave me cancer, but hey I'm open to try both.
  • Options
    SunboySunboy Member
    It’s a slippery slope. First we have bosses mooning us, what next? Boars in the starting area flossing and teabagging corpses…..

JK JK I don’t care. Game is gonna be interesting either way.

Much love ❤️
  • Options
    prymortal wrote: »
    Personally I'd prefer them to have petrify than taunt, Seen boss taunts in other games, gave me cancer, but hey I'm open to try both.

Oh dear, I hope you're feeling ok. Did the doctors manage to help you?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    It’s a slippery slope. First we have bosses mooning us, what next? Boars in the starting area flossing and teabagging corpses…..

Absolutely
  • Options
    Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited June 2023
    A cyclops mooning a dead raid party would be pretty hilarious.

Yeah, talk about a "party wipe" lmao
  • Options
    Kilion wrote: »
    I think to have some animations around that would be great. The cyclops could pick up a corpse if he is close enough and swing it as a weapon or just throw it away and then spawn an extra spirit wolf from the direction where he yeeted the dead.

A dragon could just eat a fallen player and let out a triumphant roar.

That would really cool to see. Only thing preventing that is that we all get turned into a pile of ash when we die.

But having a dragon do like a wing flap and all the ashes blow away or something would be nice.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    Natasha wrote: »
    That would really cool to see. Only thing preventing that is that we all get turned into a pile of ash when we die.

Which is why I would make the use of a corpse as a weapon animation range limited, he swings the player once, on hit it explodes into a cloud of ash, but if the Cyclops is too far away he wouldn't have time enough to swing it, so he might just "stomp out" the pile of ash.

But having a dragon do like a wing flap and all the ashes blow away or something would be nice.

That would be real cool as well, yeah :D
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    In MO2 when the troll killed somone he would pick up there corpse and flail it at other players still alive :P that was an amusing mechanic when first saw it, was like WTF did he just hit me with your corpse X person lol
  • Options
    Veeshan wrote: »
    In MO2 when the troll killed somone he would pick up there corpse and flail it at other players still alive :P that was an amusing mechanic when first saw it, was like WTF did he just hit me with your corpse X person lol

That would be hilarious.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    they should just tea-bag the raid and shout "See ya later suckers!"
  • Options
    Veeshan wrote: »

That would be hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbcq4DkrRt0 Right at the end of the video like last 10 seconds :p that attack does dmg too if ur nearby when he does it
  • Options
    PercimesPercimes Member
    edited June 2023
    Mobs, including bosses, should loot the players they kill and add the items to those they drop when defeated.

Nastiest taunt ever.

:#
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    SjeldenSjelden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Lord Nagafen in Everquest used to summon the corpse of all his victims, and add them to his treasure pile. Back them, all your gear was left on your corpse when you died. Was rough to get the stuff back if the raid failed. Good fun!
  • Options
    Sjelden wrote: »
    Lord Nagafen in Everquest used to summon the corpse of all his victims, and add them to his treasure pile. Back them, all your gear was left on your corpse when you died. Was rough to get the stuff back if the raid failed. Good fun!

Necromancers payday with corpse summoning spell right here :p