Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Siege special class powers

Hi. I remember hearing somewhere that sieges will have special roles for classes, and an example was the Summoner controlling a powerful creature that will aid in battle.

I was thinking about the other classes and it would be so cool to have more of these unique assigned positions. Like:

- Huge war drums right on the top of the walls that only bards can play, and it buffs allies on the entire battlefield. A musical notes minigame of some sort can be displayed within the wardrum UI to further increase its benefits if played correctly;
- A special ballista that deals a great amount of damage that can only be operated by Rangers, maybe with an allocated "eagle eye" kind of spell on a high cooldown, where you have vastly increased attack range and view range;
-
- A magic seal blocking some kind of tower or magical place that unlocks a powerful buff that only Mages can break. Maybe through a puzzle, different each time/siege. This can be a singular player benefit, as in, a wise mage that now has knowledge of forbidden spells and their magic finnesse is greatly increased with a permanent (or timed) magic damage buff;
-
- Stealth/sabotage-like missions inside the enemy outpost/fort, through some sort of cave or hidden places only accessible by Rogues, and the reward is structural vulnerabilities to the enemy base
-
- Unique powerful weapons either found in the Arsenal or crafted by a skilled smith on a timer, that can only be wielded by either Tanks or Fighters (shields and 2-handed melee weapons, respectively). Said weapons can have a special aura: Shield on Tanks would reduce ally damage taken through a Protection buff, and 2-h weapons on Fighters could either affect enemies negatively through some sort of Fear or Frighten or Dread debuff inflicted by the sight of your weapon, or increasing damage of allies through an Inspire buff, or both;
-
- A church-like or chapel-like region within the ally base (outpost/fort) with holy books that can be administered by Clerics to acquire a one-time use Ray of Light spell that changes the course of battle, where you gain THE BLESSING OF GOD, greatly damaging enemies and healing allies on its path. I was thinking about a Kamehameha when I said this, but another different and good example is Anduin on Battle for Azeroth cinematic, where instead the spell would be a wide circle area and be casted towards the sky. Maybe both, one use for damage and one use for heali

Some of these should have their own different minigames, and they should be difficult as to not make the important positions dull.

These can be applied to all kinds of sieges, both node and castle.

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Interesting ideas, thanks.
  • Options
    Sounds cool
  • Options
    HeljyHeljy Member
    great
  • Options
    Ongfrnocap wrote: »
    Hi. I remember hearing somewhere that sieges will have special roles for classes, and an example was the Summoner controlling a powerful creature that will aid in battle.

I was thinking about the other classes and it would be so cool to have more of these unique assigned positions. Like:

- Huge war drums right on the top of the walls that only bards can play, and it buffs allies on the entire battlefield. A musical notes minigame of some sort can be displayed within the wardrum UI to further increase its benefits if played correctly;
    - A special ballista that deals a great amount of damage that can only be operated by Rangers, maybe with an allocated "eagle eye" kind of spell on a high cooldown, where you have vastly increased attack range and view range;
    -
    - A magic seal blocking some kind of tower or magical place that unlocks a powerful buff that only Mages can break. Maybe through a puzzle, different each time/siege. This can be a singular player benefit, as in, a wise mage that now has knowledge of forbidden spells and their magic finnesse is greatly increased with a permanent (or timed) magic damage buff;
    -
    - Stealth/sabotage-like missions inside the enemy outpost/fort, through some sort of cave or hidden places only accessible by Rogues, and the reward is structural vulnerabilities to the enemy base
    -
    - Unique powerful weapons either found in the Arsenal or crafted by a skilled smith on a timer, that can only be wielded by either Tanks or Fighters (shields and 2-handed melee weapons, respectively). Said weapons can have a special aura: Shield on Tanks would reduce ally damage taken through a Protection buff, and 2-h weapons on Fighters could either affect enemies negatively through some sort of Fear or Frighten or Dread debuff inflicted by the sight of your weapon, or increasing damage of allies through an Inspire buff, or both;
    -
    - A church-like or chapel-like region within the ally base (outpost/fort) with holy books that can be administered by Clerics to acquire a one-time use Ray of Light spell that changes the course of battle, where you gain THE BLESSING OF GOD, greatly damaging enemies and healing allies on its path. I was thinking about a Kamehameha when I said this, but another different and good example is Anduin on Battle for Azeroth cinematic, where instead the spell would be a wide circle area and be casted towards the sky. Maybe both, one use for damage and one use for heali

Some of these should have their own different minigames, and they should be difficult as to not make the important positions dull.

These can be applied to all kinds of sieges, both node and castle.

holy crap this is a cool idea
    Referral Code : 8GTVW547SYDTHE6Nashesofcreation.com/r/8GTVW547SYDTHE6N
  • Options
    I personally love when games lean heavily into class identity and makes each class feel like they play an important role. These are all great ideas!
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    KorelaKorela Member
    Can't wait to play 10 minigames instead of MMORPG
    aapm3nw9kfg9.png
  • Options
    OngfrnocapOngfrnocap Member
    edited June 2023
    Korela wrote: »
    Can't wait to play 10 minigames instead of MMORPG
    aapm3nw9kfg9.png

Since my idea involved only 1 person of the 250/500+ per SIEGE (1 per week or per month or even more interval time), this one singular person would, play one singular class minigame during less than 5 minutes out of the THREE HOUR siege that occurs once a month to benefit their group. Once.

If you read my comment again, the minigames regard each class individually and you can't do more than one.
  • Options
    who would play the mini game?