Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thoughts on Shadowlord / Shadowmancer

NightmarelolNightmarelol Member
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
Hey guys hope everyone is as excited as I am for the release of the next Alpha!
I’m a Multi-Gladiator Rogue / Warlock from World of Warcraft (so leaning towards these 2 classes for Ashes) in saying that I’m loving the fact you can have a primary class / archetype in this game.
I am curious though, if the combination of Summoner / Rogue (be that vice versa for primary / archetype) if there’s any information, or gameplay or footage of the combined 2 (Shadowlord / Shadowmancer) and what are your thoughts of the Shadow style builds in Ashes? Would love to see what you guys have seen or think for anyone that prefers the Shadow approach to the game and more around that playstyle, and what you guys think they’ll incorporate for merging Summoner and Rogue together.
j2p8mdmovgu9.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KilionKilion Member
    edited June 2023
    So far there is no footage for the Summoner. But we have a few informations on how augmentation will work:

- The abilities of the primary archetype you choose will stay largely the same
    - the secondary archetype will provide us with options to modify these basic skills
    - the secondary archetype of a Summoner will impact the type of creatures they can summon
    - the Rogue themes as far as we know (without being shown anything of that either!) will amongst other things focus on the mentioned "shadow"/stealth theme and probably assissination or maybe blood (in total we will have 4 "schools of augmentation" coming from the secondary class)

Note there is no conclusive list of damage types yet so we do not know for sure whether there will be distinct damage types like shadow/dark, blood or poison damage.

This leads me to speculate that the Shadowmancer will call forth a mix of shadowcreatures and maybe predator type animals, leaning more towards damage dealing, rather than mitigation.

The other way around, I could imagine the Shadowlord is kind of an "eldritch assassin" specializing in more debuffs, dark magic damage and prolonged stealth.

But again that's me speculating.

Summoners and summoner augments are besides Bards & Bard augments the thing I am most excited about regarding characters. It holds huge potential, though I suspect that the Warlock (Mage + Summoner) will come closest to the Curse Warlock or the Shadow Priest of WoW, while the Necromancer (Summoner + Cleric) will come quite close to what the minion Warlock of WoW felt like.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Oh true I didn’t think of that, but the shadow summons does sound pretty cool and interesting! I’m even more excited to see what they release then!
    Necromancer I might definitely have to give a try, I played Necromancer in Diablo 2/3 and currently 4 too so that could be an exciting one to give a go too
    Thanks for that @Kilion
    j2p8mdmovgu9.jpg