Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What are you hoping to see in tomorrows livestream about freeholds?

Im not sure about others but i have some semblance of an idea about what i want to do with if i could acquire a freehold and some key points i was hoping to see that might change my plans are:

How customization works - basically how free are we in the extent we can customize our plots and how much space will be available for use to decide which buildings to place for example ffxiv housing system with its plentiful custimozation option allows people with a creative touch to produce beautiful and unique houses

Our freehold buildings being useable by other player - buildings like processing stations inns taverns or shrines not any questions just curious to see it implemented but that leads into a question though

Permissions - will we basically be god within our free holds? able to kick out or bar entry or deny services virtually blacklisting people?

Hired NPC'S - Like before honestly i dont even have any questions about it im just so excited to see them in action imo this is the coolest parts about freeholds makes it seem so much more alive being able to hire npcs to work on your estate double if youre a RP person roleplaying as a Lord or somethign and incredibly convient too not having to manually do all this yourself
Referral Code : 8GTVW547SYDTHE6Nashesofcreation.com/r/8GTVW547SYDTHE6N

Comments

• Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2023
    An in depth question and answer interview with Bill Trost. Seriously I wish @Vaknar and @Roshen had asked for questions in a separate thread that the community wants answered so we can get to know Bill better.

A detailed explanation of the many intricacies of in node house and freehold housing systems design. This includes things you mentioned in op like NPC's, Permissions, Customization etc, but there are a ton of game play, node, crafting, economic, and RP systems those don't address I'd like more information on.

An in game example of the housing system in nodes as well as freeholds.

Actual footage of a node upgrading and how it effects the surrounding in node housing.

Furniture being placed, moved, and interacted with.

Various facilities within housing being interacted with and used.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I actually am in the state where I 'don't know what I don't know'.

Presumably they are showing us Freeholds because:
    1st Option) They made some specific progress and have cool stuff to show off even if mostly visual
    2nd Option) They don't have anything else at the moment and Freeholds are a REALLY good thing to show off right now due to engagement, the current Dev Discussion, etc.

Since most design wouldn't be able to be finalized without testing, idk what else I'd care about seeing because I don't know what is even possible to show. Will we get hints of crafting? I'm not sure I'd want them.

Technically what I want is 'enough data that my team's artist can do Freehold fanart/models', I think!
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    We've got this teaser
    a4ts9ig4hq4e.png
    So I'd assume some crafting teases and maybe a runthrough of freehold features. Ideally I'd like to see what artisan stuff we can do on (and especially inside of) our freeholds.
  • Options
    CadacCadac Member
    I am hoping to see a comprehensive overview with enough detail to form a valid opinion, or ask a useful question in the future.
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited June 2023
    I mean, I'm kinda surprised to see so many Q&A questions about freeholds, given that we're going to be shown them this livestream. I'd have thought people would wait to see what we're shown, and then see if their questions have been answered, rather than ask beforehand and possibly waste a Q&A question on something that's already been covered.

But, to answer your question, I'm just happy to see Freeholds themselves. Whatever will be shown tomorrow, there will be more coming anyway, so I'm happy to just see what's there.

*edit* - Of course, there's the burning question of what cosmetics can go onto each building, but I'm guessing they're going to carry on ignoring us in that regard. Would truly love to have to come back and say: "Well, gosh, that showed me!"
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    JustVine wrote: »
    An in depth question and answer interview with Bill Trost. Seriously I wish @Vaknar and @Roshen had asked for questions in a separate thread that the community wants answered so we can get to know Bill better.

Maybe they can invite him along to their next show, and 'interview' him there.

• Options
    i wanna see when the preorder packs leave the store. I'm about to buy the 250, but I don't really like the mount skins...and I cant decide if I should buy it now or wait hahaha
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »
    i wanna see when the preorder packs leave the store. I'm about to buy the 250, but I don't really like the mount skins...and I cant decide if I should buy it now or wait hahaha

General idea is: If you're not hooked straight away, it's probably not 'the one'.

hold-fast-command.gif

ted-lasso-afc-richmond.gif