Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Idea: $20 per month "Competitive" Servers

2»

Comments

• Options
    GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Goalid wrote: »
    At $5 per month extra per player on a "competitive server", with 15,000 players starting out on the server, Intrepid would gain $75,000 extra per month, or $900,000 per year. That means they could afford to have 18 additional GMs on that server with a $50,000 salary that's work from home. 18 extra in-game GMs for a single server would provide additional security that I'm sure most competitive people will be satisfied with. The goal isn't to ensure there's no cheating possible, but to severely curb cheating. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good and all that.

IRS has entered the chat
    $900k additional revenue.

California state + Federal Corporate Tax (28%) = $252k
    https://taxfoundation.org/combined-federal-state-corporate-tax-rates-2022/

$648k remaining.
    Assuming your $50k salary, it's a general rule of thumb that the "true cost" per employee is about double. This includes things like payroll tax, benefits, training, and other misc. costs employers incur per employee (software licenses, HR management, Accounting, equipment, etc.). So for a $50k salary, that means Intrepid Studios' cost is about $100k.

That means you get -- 6 extra in-game GMs...not 18 :)

18/2 = 9 not 6 😘 but point taken
    bRVL6TR.png

• Options
    GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I accept that none of you believe this is necessary, but I also reserve the right to laugh at all of you when you see the unbelievable amounts of RMT and botting that will occur on launch.

bRVL6TR.png

• Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Goalid wrote: »
    ... I also reserve the right to laugh ...
    you may mean cry...