Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

This will KILL the game

AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
The manner in which you have to harvest Pigs is not cool. It is violent and not even realistic... everyone knows that you buy pork at the grocery store, not from a farm.

If Intrepid makes people kill pigs, they wont do it (as it is barbaric). This will lead to a bacon shortage and, well, we all know what that will cause... mass exodus from the game. I cannot believe Steven is trying so hard to kill his own game that he has devoted the last seven (prolly 10, really) years of his life to, not to mention a pretty hefty sum of dollars.

I will kill pigs during the alpha and beta phases, because I like to test games. I may even like killing pigs in this fashion, but once the games goes live, I will NEVER kill a pig again.

Big guilds will be the only ones that will kill pigs, because, being big, they will have enough people to find the defective people that will actually kill pigs during the live game, thus giving them a HUGE advantage. Also, they are probably scouring prisons and boarding schools now trying to find people who like killing animals... they will have a list of defectives ready to go when the game goes live. We dont even have a chance.

Anyway, its over. too bad.

Comments

• Options
    Always remember: there are no pigs behind the pixels. They are just pixels and sound waves in you headphones, nothing more.
  • Options
    i get it, but a there may be a player or group of players that has access to something I do not, and, however small that is, it will KILL this game.
  • Options
    I may be one of those defective people, when I saw that I thought to myself it would be hilarious if they sold finishing moves for slaughtering animals in the cash shop
  • Options
    i bet you went to either boarding school or prison
  • Options
    Resources from animals should be Hide and Meat, as well as Blood, Organs, Awful, etc. It would be great to have Blood Magic items that could be crafted using pigs' hearts. Potions, poisons and elixirs using animal blood and special organs. Steven has mentioned the idea of having a "gameplay layer" in crafting, it would be great to have a butcher's table, hooks for animal carcasses and plucking tools for poultry. Embrace the blood and approach animals and creatures as resource elements.
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Offal.
  • Options
    Abarat wrote: »
    The manner in which you have to harvest Pigs is not cool. It is violent and not even realistic... everyone knows that you buy pork at the grocery store, not from a farm.

If Intrepid makes people kill pigs, they wont do it (as it is barbaric). This will lead to a bacon shortage and, well, we all know what that will cause... mass exodus from the game. I cannot believe Steven is trying so hard to kill his own game that he has devoted the last seven (prolly 10, really) years of his life to, not to mention a pretty hefty sum of dollars.

I will kill pigs during the alpha and beta phases, because I like to test games. I may even like killing pigs in this fashion, but once the games goes live, I will NEVER kill a pig again.

Big guilds will be the only ones that will kill pigs, because, being big, they will have enough people to find the defective people that will actually kill pigs during the live game, thus giving them a HUGE advantage. Also, they are probably scouring prisons and boarding schools now trying to find people who like killing animals... they will have a list of defectives ready to go when the game goes live. We dont even have a chance.

Anyway, its over. too bad.

im hoping this is satire but nowadays you cant tell
    Referral Code : 8GTVW547SYDTHE6Nashesofcreation.com/r/8GTVW547SYDTHE6N