Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashen Forge Interview July 9

AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
Not sure about you, but I am SERIOUSLY looking forward the the interview with Ashen Forge on July 9! Anyone else?

i think it would be cool to start a list of questions that we, as the paying customers, would like to have answered during that interview. I realize it is their time to do as they see fit, but what questions would the community like to have answered?

GO!

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I'd bet you top dollar that the community wants to ask questions from this thread
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/55775/the-ashen-forge-100th-episode-with-steven-you-have-any-questions/p1
  • Options
    lmaoooooooo
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm happy you are excited to watch. We are super excited to talk with Steven.

We had an outpouring of community questions between here, reddit, discord, Twitter and YouTube. We also all had our own things to ask. And only an hour to do 😭. We will try our best to get to as many as we can.
  • Options
    please get the dygz one it.. .i am interested.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Dygz do be living in people's heads absolutely rent free. Has barely posted in the last few months yet people are still interested about him.
  • Options
    many things that dont make sense stick with me... this is but one.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    The first comment we saw when they announced it was something like "isn't that the show with the dude that said he wasn't gonna play?!?!?" 🤣

And it's been what, a year since he said that?
  • Options
    not surprised. shit dont make sense.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    i got some questions for you as well, but likely will get banned if i ask them here. lol

it is totally weird to me that the Dygz question is a joke. He has said this game is not for him and he will not play. You are leaning towards critical, Fantmx. the other guy is off on other guy planet. How is an interview with you important? I think Steven is a saint to try to bring you together, mostly because things are not set in stone, as the freehold reveal has illuminated, and you are most likely to flame him for any minor inconsistency that is unveiled in his attempt to sell you on the game that you already don't like the design pillars of.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Dygz do be living in people's heads absolutely rent free. Has barely posted in the last few months yet people are still interested about him.

lol i didnt even remember he existed until he was mentioned again
  • Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Abarat you are such a troll lol, I love it. Try not to get yourself banned again though.

I miss Dygz
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    i have consulted an attorney. i will not get banned again. lol <dare>
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    for the record, I love Dygz, not the Ashen Forge, but Dygz. That is why i want him to play the game.
  • Options
    I'm sure he's just off exploring and will be back shortly. That's how I cope
  • Options
    prolly playing alpha of pantheon.
  • Options
    I actually saw him in Ethyrial Echoes of Yore discord before I got banned from it
  • Options
    i love that guy
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Abarat wrote: »
    i got some questions for you as well, but likely will get banned if i ask them here. lol

it is totally weird to me that the Dygz question is a joke. He has said this game is not for him and he will not play. You are leaning towards critical, Fantmx. the other guy is off on other guy planet. How is an interview with you important? I think Steven is a saint to try to bring you together, mostly because things are not set in stone, as the freehold reveal has illuminated, and you are most likely to flame him for any minor inconsistency that is unveiled in his attempt to sell you on the game that you already don't like the design pillars of.

Of course I'm critical. Why wouldn't I be? The whole point of open development is for opinions and critiques, not to create an echo chamber. I want this game to succeed thus I look for reasons it might not. I could be wrong. I could be right.

We are respectful of Steven and the entire team at Intrepid. I think that is something people don't understand. We can be critical of a decision and still be supportive, understanding, and respectful in our approach. That seems to be hard for many people to grasp.

This will be our third interview with Steven and we are appreciative and blessed for it. Watch the other two and you will see this will not be a "flame" or anything of the sort. Might we ask for further discourse on a decision? Of course! That is the whole point :) But we thoroughly like Steven and enjoy spending time with him. I am not sure an interview with me is important, but that is also not a concern of mine. I am looking forward to a good Sunday afternoon talking video gaming, hoping to tease out a little more about the world I hope to live in for many years. That is it. :)

I will point out that we have purposefully sought community questions from every space to add flavor beyond just our own and as you will see we have some of those questions baked into our list :)<3
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    i get it, and, incidentally agree you guys have been respectful. I just think Steven's time would be better spent on people who are not going to sell against the game, because it is not for them, but rather should be focusing on people who have questions but seem to agree with the design pillars.

Steven is smart. He has a plan. At some point, as unapologetic naysayers of the premise of the game, you should realize that as well. We will see what happens.
  • Options
    Abarat wrote: »
    i get it, and, incidentally agree you guys have been respectful. I just think Steven's time would be better spent on people who are not going to sell against the game, because it is not for them, rather than focusing on people who have questions but seem to agree with the design pillars.

Steven is smart. He has a plan. At some point, as unapologetic naysayers of the premise of the game, you should realize that as well. We will see what happens.

well, our questions will get answered, which is important ;3
  • Options
    it matters, though, you could go on with narc, golden feather, etc. there are tons of tiny content creators who believe in this game. Ashen Forge has repeatedly indicated they are not agreeing with the direction of the game. If you don't know that, you probably don't watch their stuff.

That is all I am saying. If we are going to put up with that, lets at least put it to them a bit.

When, exactly, is Dygz planning on stepping down?
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Hm… not sure I’d consider backing a kickstarter then hosting a weekly podcast dedicated to discussing game updates for six years ‘selling against the game.’

I guess it’s all relative.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Hm… not sure I’d consider backing a kickstarter then hosting a weekly podcast dedicated to discussing game updates for six years ‘selling against the game.’

I guess it’s all relative.

i will bet you some number of dollars that you do not actually watch their podcast.

be honest. do you? I do.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Then you would owe me some number of dollars.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    so, you are a regular viewer, you would say?
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I can’t watch live regularly, since I’m usually making dinner for my girls Sun @6. So I usually just catch their YouTube on Tue when they kick it out. I’ve watched a few live.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    but, you have seen them all?
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Nope.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    ah. i see.
  • Options