Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

MMOs with direct player to player sales and trade are more fun than BoP systems or no /trade

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
Despite the dangers of RMT.

I would never again play an mmo witha lame economy/trading systems, in which player agency is eliminated, in favour of NPC gameplay, vendor tokens, dailies and crap like that.
I want my gold to have meaning. Not being one of the thousand ways to gain items. That's rubbish.
I rather have a small number of cheaters that escape the efforts of the devs to impose bans, in an mmo in which group play beats 1 jackass with deep pockets, than having a boring economy and the inability to profit or gift items that are of no value to my archetype/playstyle.

The devs will never remove the value of gold in this game, despite the doom and gloom that people preach about cheaters and bot farmers. I come from L2, in which rich players can't even get 1st place in the arena championships, let alone affect the outcome of a siege. The world of AoC is massive, with many servers and a huge number of live players planned per server.
Stop asking to change the trading or gear system of AoC, because of the insignificant impact that some cheaters may pose. You won't get what you want. Period.

One more thing, regarding the recent paranoia of plots and RMT. L2 had clan halls that guilds would bid on, which offered a similar advantage as freeholds would give a group of people. Players bid and won or lost those clan halls. The game went on just fine, despite the possibility that some cheaters might snatch a clan hall.

If you want BoP gear, Auction Houses, no /trade between players, so that you effectively can only interact with NPCs and have 0 human agency, in a genre that is supposed to be social, because you are afraid that out of the 10000 players of the server, you will run into the 1 dude that escaped the bans and pwned you with his $$$ gear, go play another mmo. Plenty of them out there that RUINED the mmo design to prevent cheaters.

Cheaters will always cheat. Whether with computer knowledge, connections or money. That's the way of life. The fact that you don't the strength to deal with it, it speaks volumes about your experience outside in the real life, where every single minute you have to ignore all the BS and focus on your well being.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I mean, I agree, but are we all just starting new threads instead of posting replies in existing threads?

Should this post have been a new thread?