Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Question. Harvest stealing?

RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
So if you are in the open world and you are adventuring. You come across an animal carcass that someone else has killed. Can you harvest it? In addition, can you harvest it if it is a fresh kill from them and you just beat them to the harvest? This could open up pvp as it would definitely make someone mad. I do not like to think in the terms of greifing. I like to think of it as taunting lol. Theoretically the person could just attack the other and steal the kill. What are your thoughts?
5pc7z05ap5uc.png

Comments

• Options
    if the carcass is valuable you will not come across it while you are adventuring.
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    if the carcass is valuable you will not come across it while you are adventuring.

Possibly, but that is not the question 😀
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited July 2023
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Loot_tagging

Edit: found the wiki link XD
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    I heard at one point, cant find a wiki leak so i might be mistaken, that there is a tag system that works in two parts. First person to tag a creature gets a bonus to their "ownership", and from then on it comes down to which group or solo player removes the most health from the creature before it dies. We dont know for sure what this bonus is, and I dont remember there being a timer on corpses becoming Free for all.

Oh ok. That is good to know. Thank you for your input.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png