Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

World Corruption and powerful node

EkinEkin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
One of the main attraction for me is the evolving geography and the reactive world. On that topic, one of the element to be more elaborated is the world corruption.
We now know a bit more and that the world of Verra is corrupted by the corrupted essence. Talks about corrupted areas related to node progression is also a considered.

In that regard, I wonder if that world corruption would not be an interesting way to pressure those exploiting the word too much for their own benefits.

I am talking about those everlasting, too strong nodes that seems invincible, never losing sieges, making the gap between itself and the rest of the server ridiculously larger and larger.
Battling that node trough economic warfare and through siege looks like the only way to pressure and take down that node for now. I would like another way to build up that pressure where everyone, even if they are not rich or strong in PvP, could participate.

Would that be a good idea to use the world corruption as an influence of the world to send more monsters, more events, more catastrophes towards stronger node than smaller one. If nothing is done to balance the strong-node corruption, it could even limit (or lose?) levels.
One way to create this movement of corruption towards these stronger nodes could be the time it remains in power, the amount of a type of quests done in smaller nodes in the surrounding, etc.

Many smaller areas with less PvP oriented players could then still influence the world with their time and effort if they work together.

Comments

• Options
    HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have spoken about a variety of ways that you will need to defend the nodes including things like over logging causing a giant tree creature to attack the node. Also things such as monster coin events caused by node advancement which has potential to give non-PvP oriented players the leg up they would need to participate in attacking the node.

I don’t think it’s much of a stretch to assume that the corruption will also play some role in this, and even the economic games between nodes seem like they can be excellent ways to chip away at a nodes power starving them from resources to keep upkeep on the node.

Also don’t forget that there will be world bosses that provide buffs during sieges so there’s even a little pve mixed into the siege itself, as well as capturing relics.

Even players helping to gather resources, process and build the siege weapons.

The scope is large so hopefully they can pull it off, but if they stick to their guns and not let things get too watered down, to me at least it looks like PvP, pve, and artisans will all be important to successfully tearing down a node even if the large siege pvp is what gets talked about the most.