Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

When is the next livestream? I have some questions :)

RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Just wondering when the next stream will be. I have a couple of questions such as when will the secondary augmentation skills be fleshed out for the Ranger and the Rogue. The other question was if we can get an update on the racial abilities of each race. Thanks.
5pc7z05ap5uc.png

Comments

• Options
    Just seen this on the wiki under the Naval section. What utility skill gives underwater breathing?
    There won't be class abilities that are specific to naval content, but some utility skills (such as underwater breathing) may be of some benefit.[11]
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Probably 'Underwater Breathing'.

Your questions aren't the type that are likely to get answered, but sometimes we get surprised, so who knows.

You only get one, so I'd choose the 'racial abilities' one to ask if I were you.

I think your other question is so unlikely to be answered that I wouldn't bother asking it.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    Probably 'Underwater Breathing'.

Your questions aren't the type that are likely to get answered, but sometimes we get surprised, so who knows.

You only get one, so I'd choose the 'racial abilities' one to ask if I were you.

I think your other question is so unlikely to be answered that I wouldn't bother asking it.

Yes, the racial ability is the one I am wondering about for sure. I am looking now at Vek and Rogue/cleric. They mentioned that the Vek may include navigation and open sees. I plan on being a treasure hunter.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They open a thread here on forums a week or so before the regular livestream time. You can post your question then. They have guidelines like one per person and such that people just ignore and blast page long rants at them. Advice if you want a chance at having your question answered. Make it specific, short, to the point. Something that relates to systems already shown that you want clarification on. Scheduling questions are most likely never going to be answered like "When is ......?" The CMs here go through the list of questions submitted. Select those that have not been answered before or are already on the wiki, and then use them during the stream depending on time. They also go back later and provide links or answers to the ones that have them in that thread. Even the ones that have been answered repeatedly.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    They open a thread here on forums a week or so before the regular livestream time. You can post your question then. They have guidelines like one per person and such that people just ignore and blast page long rants at them. Advice if you want a chance at having your question answered. Make it specific, short, to the point. Something that relates to systems already shown that you want clarification on. Scheduling questions are most likely never going to be answered like "When is ......?" The CMs here go through the list of questions submitted. Select those that have not been answered before or are already on the wiki, and then use them during the stream depending on time. They also go back later and provide links or answers to the ones that have them in that thread. Even the ones that have been answered repeatedly.

Thank you sir. I will look forward to that thread in the future and I will try to be specific on my question. Have a nice day.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Live streams are on the last Friday of every month.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes the one question rule. My advice is if you are asking a specific question make it related to the stream. None related questions should be a little more broad.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ravicus wrote: »
    Just wondering when the next stream will be. I have a couple of questions such as when will the secondary augmentation skills be fleshed out for the Ranger and the Rogue. The other question was if we can get an update on the racial abilities of each race. Thanks.
    We won't get answers to those questions any time soon.
    We can expect one of the dev streams to demo some augments before Alpha 2, but that's mostly likely going to be next year, rather than this year. And I'm pretty sure they don't yet have a schedule for which Archetypes they will show us first.

There will be an official thread for Dev Stream questions is a couple weeks.
    You'll be able to post your questions there, but... even if Margaret asked this question during the dev stream, Steven's answer most likely will be what I've stated here.
  • Options
    I don't expect to see an update on racial abilities before 2024.
    I think the better question is: "Will racial abilities be available at the start of Alpha 2?"
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    I don't expect to see an update on racial abilities before 2024.
    I think the better question is: "Will racial abilities be available at the start of Alpha 2?"

yes, it would be nice. I am greedily trying to plan my character lol. I understand things take time.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    Haha!
    Yeah... I think we are always wondering..."How can I ask this question in a way that Steven might answer it with new info??"
  • Options
    I have a couple of questions such as when will the secondary augmentation skills be fleshed out for the Ranger and the Rogue. The other question was if we can get an update on the racial abilities of each race. Thanks.

They've not brought out the Rogue skills themselves, let alone designed how the other archetypes augment with the Rogue. I'm guessing this will be a long way off yet. You may be better off asking a more relevant question for where we are in the development process.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    your gonna be waiting awhile to get than anwere answered, augment system showcase will be ages away :D