Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The office hours discussion

JazeriousJazerious Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
Why don’t they record the discussions for people who can’t make it. I would love to hear what be going on in those discussions.

Comments

• Options
    JazeriousJazerious Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Why don’t they record the discussions for people who can’t make it. I would love to hear what be going on in those discussions.
  • Options
    I agree it be cool to listen to.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Jazerious wrote: »

I believe those are recorded for internal purposes, but they may not want to release them openly without the permission from all the people involved.

They might end up with some limits on who is willing to speak, if they had to say upfront 'also we may record your voice and make it available to anyone'.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What is said in office hours stays in office hours.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    USA laws pretty much
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NiKr wrote: »
    USA laws pretty much

i call bs... please provide documentation
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    edited July 2023
    USA laws pretty much

What laws? I'm sure a summary could be made.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    USA laws pretty much

Fairly sure this is the reason Steven gave months ago in a live stream.
  • Options
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
  • Options
    I see what you did there.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Diamaht wrote: »
    What laws? I'm sure a summary could be made.
    The question was about recordings. I answered the question. If the question was about written summaries, I'd @Vaknar
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hiya! We do record Office Hours for internal use only.

In order to share the recordings with players, we'd need consent from everyone involved. This isn't easy to do, and doing so would likely change the nature of Office Hours.

For now, Office Hours is live only! We currently alternate the times between 11am PT and 4pm PT! <3
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Vaknar wrote: »
    In order to share the recordings with players, we'd need consent from everyone involved. This isn't easy to do, and doing so would likely change the nature of Office Hours.
    Does that apply to written summaries too?
  • Options
    I would personally assume the reason for no written summary is that transcribing takes a really long time.
  • Options

Since this would mainly be due "leaking" other people voice , isent there a way to make players "accept" by default if they decide to join and speak?
    I mean its not necessary, but maybe this could be a way(if there is legally a way to do so) so it would be possible to share with all community since probably some players may be unable to join due timezone.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

Heh, merging the threads kinda killed this one... :D
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Vaknar wrote: »
    Hiya! We do record Office Hours for internal use only.

For now, Office Hours is live only! We currently alternate the times between 11am PT and 4pm PT! <3

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying.