Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Just some things Id like to see IMO.

SwazTMSwazTM Member
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
First off ill mention while I watch some of the dev streams I don't keep 100% up to date on features as they are progressively being updated, so Id just thought id list some features Id be interested in seeing on full-release.

1. Taverns/Player-based Businesses actually have a decent impact on the economy and feel of the game.
-By this I mean buffs being meaningful, the ability for taverns to have rooms to rent out for sleep buffs or somewhere they can log out quickly (like in skyrim), expansive customisation and floor plans, and playing crafting being beneficial and niche (by niche I mean based on a point ill mention next)
2. Caps on player professions. for example, you may only get to MASTER 2 professions (eg cooking and brewing or weaponsmith and armoursmith) while you may be able to ultimately do multiple professions at a mediocre level forcing players to only master in 1 or 2 jobs mean they have to use other players at high tiers for the best buffs, etc when they cant craft it. -I believe this would benefit both the RPG and economy side of the game.
3. Overall power level affecting PvP with newer players. I want to feel like a badass, if ive put in 100 hours I want to feel stronger and be able to easily beat someone at level 20 (just as an example) there should be brackets of power where if someone is truely stronger than you you have to think about manipulating the fight to a 1vX vs 1v1 or running away, because you realistically wouldn't win the fight. ontop of that pvp being balanced (dont lose everything but lose enough to be wary of gankers)
4. In terms of previous features logging out in certain areas takes 2mins in a pvp available area vs 10 secs in a safe zone or instantaneous with buffs when you return if you log out in a room with a bed you own.
5. Good Display mechanics that varies with settings and layer interaction. for example john smith might start anonymous in the wild until I talk to him and he types his name out or when we become friends. just some dynamic display that changes with interactions.
6. Weapon sheathing, Wizards with staffs should be the only class that keeps there weapon in there hand when traversing (as a walking stick for example) whereas others should sheath there weapon to increase speed or after a certain timer, it just looks janky running around with a weapon out 24/7 especially in safe zones, but also I want to feel badass with my bow across my chest/back, or my sword sheathed on my back or side (also add options for applicable weapons)
7. Unique RPG abilities for different classes ( eg instruments for bards to play outside of combat, if theirs voice chat allow rogues to obtain eavesdrops to hear players voip and footsteps from further or typing in local chat from further, etc) make classes feel extra unique (when you pick your second class, you might get 1/4 of the unique abilities from the secondary class)
idk let me know what you think or whatd else would be cool to see.

Also addition Freeholds should increase with player level:
start at level 20+ you can buy freehold area however it remains small (although your reserved extra land remains for as you expand after level requirements)
-This allows players to access and start building their own homes and businesses but doesnt reward players who dont keep at leveling.
-Other idea your renting the land as a lower level player from the node but when you get to level 50 or approach it rent decreases and at 50 you own it completely.

Comments

• Options
    rocsekrocsek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    No mention in the post about the wiki so If you haven't looked yet, go Here and read up. This will tell you most of how the game is being designed and what to expect. Some of the things you talk about here are touched on.
    Kaos & Lace Cartel
    "Come join us as you wont like the taste of the Grapefruits we're throwing at our enemies."

"Never settle for what you think you know" - C. Krauthammer