Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Summoner Customize Pets Confirmed?

So I was rewatching the interview with Steven on Theory Forge. Starting at 1:10:45 he mentions how they are looking at using the animal husbandry tech to allow summoners to customize the look of their summons! He says there "might be some opportunity", but he says it in a very "we're working on some cool stuff" tone. I didn't get the impression that this was just pie in the sky talk.
f51pcwlbgn8a.png

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    It is worth pointing out that "looking at", "might be" and "working on" all dictate that a thing is not yet confirmed.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    It is worth pointing out that "looking at", "might be" and "working on" all dictate that a thing is not yet confirmed.

Yeah yeah, but it sounded like this might have been something they're investing at least a decent amount of thought and time into, and potentially some exploratory development effort. Not just a "That would be cool, maybe in the future." I got the impression he was holding something back as not to spoil it. Just me reading into his tone and the way he answered the question. C'mon man, it's after midnight and I'm jonesin' for some hopium!
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    It's been on the cards for a while.

"Summon appearance
    Summoners can change the appearance of their summons.[20][33]

Through in-game items.[20]
    Through cosmetics.[28][20]
    Potentially through a summon creation suite, based on the Animal husbandry system.[34][35]
    The great thing about the animal husbandry tech that we're creating and the idea of having customization options is that there might be some opportunity there to really create a more customized experience for the summoner and the types of visual representation that their creature has that's more to the players definition. But we will see about that. I think you guys will be getting some updates in the future about that.[34] – Steven Sharif
    info-orange.png Some of the following information has not been recently confirmed by the developers and may not be on the current development roadmap.
    A summon's appearance is determined by in-game choices.[33]

Class specific appearance.[33]
    For example: Summoner/Rogue (Shadowmancer) may have shadow summons.[33]
    Race specific appearance.[33][36]
    "
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Summoner#Summon_appearance

The links there will give you the different places where it's been discussed.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    superhero6785superhero6785 Member
    edited July 2023
    daveywavey wrote: »
    It's been on the cards for a while.

"Summon appearance
    Summoners can change the appearance of their summons.[20][33]

Through in-game items.[20]
    Through cosmetics.[28][20]
    Potentially through a summon creation suite, based on the Animal husbandry system.[34][35]
    The great thing about the animal husbandry tech that we're creating and the idea of having customization options is that there might be some opportunity there to really create a more customized experience for the summoner and the types of visual representation that their creature has that's more to the players definition. But we will see about that. I think you guys will be getting some updates in the future about that.[34] – Steven Sharif
    info-orange.png Some of the following information has not been recently confirmed by the developers and may not be on the current development roadmap.
    A summon's appearance is determined by in-game choices.[33]

Class specific appearance.[33]
    For example: Summoner/Rogue (Shadowmancer) may have shadow summons.[33]
    Race specific appearance.[33][36]
    "
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Summoner#Summon_appearance

The links there will give you the different places where it's been discussed.

Yep - That quote was pulled from the recent Theory Forge interview from July 9th that I'm talking about.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    Yep - That quote was pulled from the recent Theory Forge interview from July 9th that I'm talking about.
    The past cosmetic options were just skins. Just this week we got the "bombshell" that you could use the animal husbandry system to actually create a unique look!

Agreed. The comments from Steven were hype and I hope they can see it through for launch. Sounds really cool and is definitely level-up from what they have talked about in the past.
  • Options
    Aye - was impressed at this, had seen it awhile ago.

Not planning on touching Summoner personally - but it's a really great touch! Something you can't really expect from most AAA games - but AoC has already surpassed a lot of the industry standards!