Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild wars 2

ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Ive decided to play guild wars 2 over the past week to get a feel of the action/tab hybrid system they use, to my suprise i really enjoyed it, i found tje combat super imersive and fun, some things i took away from it though and mind you i am still pretty early into the game, the game play for me was pretty boring, the quests other than the story line all seem the same and there is no real threat to attacking anything your level or +3ish, i think with guild wars combat and wow classics immersive quests and difficulty it could be super fun

My question is, what part of other games did you find fun and immersive that you would like to see something similar implimented into ashes

Comments

• Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Ultima VII, Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Valheim.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2023
    Combat of Tera Online. Best action combat I have seen.

I find it fun and immersive when studios dont touch level scalling.
    Level scalling takes away any sense of challenge. It's exciting when you build up your strength through grinding levels, crafting gear and preparing your inv (pots, remedies, tools weapon oils) for a more dangerous zone.

I find it fun and immersive when all weapons are visible in their sheathes on a character. Take witcher 3, 2 swords and a crossbow, or the nioh games, where all the equiped weapons are there.

I also like the looting from witcher 3 and eso. The world is there, built for you to go close and interact with the pilled up goods. They look like tasty loot.
    No annoying pointers or glows.

I could go on...

Mb change the title a bit to branch out.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I find it fun and immersive when all weapons are visible in their sheathes on a character.
    In terms of immersion, I totally agree with this. Characters looking as real in their setting as possible is probably the biggest immersion make or break for me.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If only GW2 wasn’t tab with an action camera and an actual hybrid.

As far as games? Intrepids own Apoc, Valheim would be great additions to complete the hybrid combat.

I’d welcome TERA, Darkfall, Darkfall Unholy Wars, Conq Blade aspects too.

I’d just like to see a true hybrid.
  • Options
    Chicago wrote: »
    the game play for me was pretty boring, the quests other than the story line all seem the same

How could quests be interesting? Especially the side quests?
    How can Intrepid Studios make quests interesting for veterans which grinded such quests over and over?
    The best feature for me would be dialogs to be skippable. And NPC characters to value my time and avoid walking and talking with eachother in the game world, to be able to skip.
  • Options
    I think it's really immersive when NPCs react to you based on the in game choices you've made.
    I really like how Skyrim, other games have done this too, but they made the world exciting to explore with lots of things to discover. You'd be playing, realise it's been 2hrs and you haven't completed what you set out to do because you saw a dragon flying in the distance, or decided I'm riding my horse up that mountain over there and find a boss to fight.
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Shabooey wrote: »
    I think it's really immersive when NPCs react to you based on the in game choices you've made.
    I really like how Skyrim, other games have done this too, but they made the world exciting to explore with lots of things to discover. You'd be playing, realise it's been 2hrs and you haven't completed what you set out to do because you saw a dragon flying in the distance, or decided I'm riding my horse up that mountain over there and find a boss to fight.

definitley mate, there is an old game called Fable i think it was, and you use to be able to become evil by killing people in the town etc, i love when choices you make impact gameplay, it would be harder to impliment in an mmo but still super cool
  • Options
    Chicago wrote: »

definitley mate, there is an old game called Fable i think it was, and you use to be able to become evil by killing people in the town etc, i love when choices you make impact gameplay, it would be harder to impliment in an mmo but still super cool

Ah, good memories of Fable! 😁
    "A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities." —J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Options
    Solvryn wrote: »

As far as games? Intrepids own Apoc, Valheim would be great additions to complete the hybrid combat.

Ashes of creation is basically copying the gw2 combat system, but without so many templates, aoes etc. so you don't have to move right now in aoc
  • Options
    DezmerizingDezmerizing Member
    edited July 2023

As a huge CRPG fan, I absolutely agree. Thing is, different alignment paths, great story reactivity and loads of possible solutions to quests are difficult to pull off in MMORPGs, as it would require pretty much all the work of a good CRPG *while at the same time* it'd require the standard MMO aspects such as player interactions, dungeons, raids, open worlds, economy balance, PvP balancing etc etc. It would require a massive budget and we'd probably have to wait another 10 years.

That said, I do hope that IS, that are huge TTRPG fans, will include some proper RPG and immersive elements!
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have some down time to play more games now. Going through my Steam game library I have many games I have not played. The fallout series. The witcher series. Ark Survival. I downloaded Witcher 3 last night because of people saying that parts of it should be in this game. I got through the tutorial combat training last night but was pretty tired. Will play more today.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    Witcher 3 is a quality game! Have fun with it dude.

@Dezmerizing I know it's unlikely that a fully reactive world, like those in single player games, will be found like that in an MMO as, like you say, it must be extremely difficult to pull it off, but we can dream.
    For me the world pulls me in more than that and AoC is shaping up to have some extremely interesting areas to explore.
  • Options

As a huge CRPG fan, I absolutely agree. Thing is, different alignment paths, great story reactivity and loads of possible solutions to quests are difficult to pull off in MMORPGs, as it would require pretty much all the work of a good CRPG *while at the same time* it'd require the standard MMO aspects such as player interactions, dungeons, raids, open worlds, economy balance, PvP balancing etc etc. It would require a massive budget and we'd probably have to wait another 10 years.

I do hope that IS, that are huge TTRPG fans, will include some proper RPG and immersive elements!
    10 years until release or until Alpha 2?
    What if such quests come after release, as expansions?
    Would it be OK?
  • Options
    PherPhurPherPhur Member
    edited July 2023
    Path of Exiles item system.

I think crafters would lose their mind, mats would be more sought after and gear in relation to builds would be more interesting.

Also the unique(legendary grade in AoC) gear in PoE would modify how combat mechanics work(like using life instead of mana for skills type stuff) so heavily sometimes that they'd open up an entirely new build.

Overall the system wouldn't fit 1:1 into AoC, but a modified version of it would be incredible.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Garrtok wrote: »

Ashes of creation is basically copying the gw2 combat system, but without so many templates, aoes etc. so you don't have to move right now in aoc

Well, combat isn’t final till it’s final. Plenty of time for Intrepid to improve the combat.