Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Open World Camping? Is this a thing?

RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Remembering in the past many games would have a feature where you could camp out in the wilderness. Maybe make a campfire that would help give you rest experience or keep mobs away. Or even just a safe log out option. Has there been any discussion on this? I will post this question on the june feedback thread as well.
5pc7z05ap5uc.png

Comments

• Options
    HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It has not been confirmed since 2017, but we have seen very similar campfires in 2022.

Wiki says that they would operate similarly to inns/taverns and that eating near them would provide benefits. (Seriously, Lex crushes that wiki)
  • Options
    It has not been confirmed since 2017, but we have seen very similar campfires in 2022.

Wiki says that they would operate similarly to inns/taverns and that eating near them would provide benefits. (Seriously, Lex crushes that wiki)
    I did skim through the wiki but there is so much there I did not know where to start haha. Maybe I am just lazy :smiley: Thanks for the info, I will look deeper into the wiki now.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2023
    You can pretty much type “ashes of creation *whatever thing you’re talking about*” in google and it’s bound to show up. If it doesn’t show up, they probably haven’t spoken about it.

It impresses me on the reg
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Just keep in mind, campfires attract curious eyes that have swords. 😈
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Just keep in mind, campfires attract curious eyes that have swords. 😈

*sets booby traps all around campsite*
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    BeOwningUBeOwningU Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Haha, I got click baited..
    kzlop9coy4kh.png
  • Options
    brother has heard about the scarcity of freeholds and is already looking to set up a tent.
  • Options
    BeOwningU wrote: »
    Haha, I got click baited..

Yep, me too :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    People collectively sighed as they thought yet another red/corruption thread was posted, yet little did they know how wrong they were. hahaha
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu