Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mob Difficulty and solo quests/challanges

ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
so, i started playing guild wars 2 this week for the first time and for the most part the combat is extremely fun, its fast paced and even whilst being mostly tab target, being able to dodge attacks gives a really great feeling towards the combat, and it is extremely enjoyable.

i found my self at level 40 doing a quest, i had to kill a guy inside a house and after about an hour of wiping to him, i finally killed him, witch is when i realized, this was actually a group dungeon, however it felt so good to have such a difficult Challange, which brings me to my point, i really hope that intrepid implement some extremely difficult solo quests or class quests that you can't just out gear or mow down, maybe they need to be completed at a certain level range, something similar for reference was the tower challenge wow had back in legion, which was a class specific challenge that unlocked a weapon skin when completed that was quite difficult.

what do you guys think about this? and would you like to see extremley difficult mobs that are soloable but difficult to do so

Comments

• Options
    Maybe was the story version of the dungeon?
    Try it again alone.
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Maybe was the story version of the dungeon?
    Try it again alone.

yeah it was lol, i got the mob down and then couldnt progress cause it wanted me to kill 18 elite soldiers and they just one shot me? haha but it was still super fun
  • Options
    I am curious how good the PvE in AoC will be.
  • Options

me too, i know its a sandbox but with all the lore i really hope there is some sort of decent story line, i havn't really heard anything about it and tbh im a bit worried
  • Options
    For some the difficult things are most enjoyable. I am sure if AoC establishes itself as a “group only” game, there would still be solo players who will try the group content just for bragging rights. Or going with four into an eight character encounter.
  • Options
    Chicago wrote: »

me too, i know its a sandbox but with all the lore i really hope there is some sort of decent story line, i havn't really heard anything about it and tbh im a bit worried

I hope that story is made by a professional good writer and not by Steven. Or that I can skip it.
    But truth is he makes AoC just to tell us the story of how the Tulnar survived and what they do when no one watches them.