Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tunneling withing nodes/freeholds?

RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Has this issue been discussed before? Tunneling within the Freehold? Some senarios might include:

Tunneling as a siege mechanic
Tunneling as an archeology mechanic
Tunneling to the underrealm?
Tunneling to mine crafting materials
Tunneling for underground trade routes

Sorry was just bored and spitballing Ideas in my head. Let me know what ya think.
5pc7z05ap5uc.png

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I assume you mean "topic" and not "issue", right?

Afaik the closest we've gotten is royal mounts for the underground metro that could go through earth. There's also the divine catacombs, but there's no direct control from the players so I wouldn't call that "tunneling".

Ashes is not a voxel game, so I'd imagine it'd be reaaaaal difficult to make tunneling work. It would have to be completely predetermined, which would kinda ruin the experience of exploration imo.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    I assume you mean "topic" and not "issue", right?

Afaik the closest we've gotten is royal mounts for the underground metro that could go through earth. There's also the divine catacombs, but there's no direct control from the players so I wouldn't call that "tunneling".

Ashes is not a voxel game, so I'd imagine it'd be reaaaaal difficult to make tunneling work. It would have to be completely predetermined, which would kinda ruin the experience of exploration imo.

Yes, I meant topic, thank you for correcting that. It was something that just popped in my head, and I am not a game designer so I really do not know what is feasable or not, I just think of things and ask :smiley:
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    I vaguely remember a live stream where it mentioned that religious nodes as they level can access more and more of a 'crypt system' allowing some kinda of short cuts/limited fast travel. That's about the closest thing to tunneling I've heard of.
  • Options
    I vaguely remember a live stream where it mentioned that religious nodes as they level can access more and more of a 'crypt system' allowing some kinda of short cuts/limited fast travel. That's about the closest thing to tunneling I've heard of.

Interesting, thank you.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Yes, the divine catacombs I mentioned :)

Divine nodes at Metropolis (stage 6) may unlock a procedurally built "mega catacomb" dungeon beneath it that connects to its divine vassal nodes. These may house unique bosses with unique drop tables.[3]
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Divine_nodes
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Yes, the divine catacombs I mentioned :)

Divine nodes at Metropolis (stage 6) may unlock a procedurally built "mega catacomb" dungeon beneath it that connects to its divine vassal nodes. These may house unique bosses with unique drop tables.[3]
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Divine_nodes

Thanks! This is wonderful news.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png