Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Can NPC Mobs loot your corpse?

RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
In UO NPC mobs could loot your corpse. You had to run back to your body and then try to kill the mob that looted you to get your items back. I wonder if that mob had looted other players corpses that you could get their loot off of that mob if you killed it. Sorry if this has been discussed before.
5pc7z05ap5uc.png

Comments

• Options
    VyrilVyril Member
    I'll say I wish, but will go with no.
  • Options
    I hope they don't loot my pants.
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    I hope they don't loot my pants.

Make sure you wear some clean underwear!
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think you might drop some resources.
    NPCs won't loot it but other players could.
  • Options
    NPCs should loot the corrupted players and give the loot to the PvE-ers which were killed. Sometime.
  • Options
    Ohhh man, can you imagine trying to hunt down Evil Rabbit #211 for your Iron Dagger?!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    ShabooeyShabooey Member
    edited July 2023
    The amount of NPC Scavs I've popped on Tarkov because they have some poor PMC's gear is well more than I'd like to admit haha.

Not sure it would work too well on an MMO though, I'm sure there will be enough eagled eyed players to take your stuff or if you're very lucky, make sure you get it back.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I wish they would loot. Would be funny.

I remember in Asheron's Call the mobs gained XP when they killed a player. I think they should do that too. I remember we leveled up a rabbit to a pretty high level. ;)
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    I wish they would loot. Would be funny.

I remember in Asheron's Call the mobs gained XP when they killed a player. I think they should do that too. I remember we leveled up a rabbit to a pretty high level. ;)

I like this idea also. This should be a thing here as well.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options

This is brilliant :D can imagine the line of players lining up to sacrifice themselves to create the demon bunny that can't be killed
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Perhaps you could make a version of this

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Glom_Goblin

which is rare, and roams around collecting loot (or a percentage of loot ) from dead players after a certain amount of time... stockpiling it until eventually killed and looted.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2023
    Or a boss, after having wiped the raid multiple times and leveling up, but then it finally dies, and the players go:

"Hey! That's my stuff! Don't roll Need on my stuff!"
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Would definitely love that and get the mobs to either become stronger (as in, just shift higher on their type's power ladder) or run to their local boss and give him those items. The items would be saved in a chest, so that the process Nerror mentioned was a bit easier than just "kill the boss and panic that someone will take your shit".