Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What are the odds we see druids in the future

For some reason I hadn't thought of it until today but... where's the druids?

Seems like a really fitting class, arguable more than some of the other classes.

What are the odds we see a druid in the future as a playable class?

And is there suppose to be any way to shapeshift in the game already, I can't seem to find anything about it on the wiki.
5lntw0unofqp.gif

Comments

• Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    Maybe summoner/ranger, mage/ranger or cleric/ranger could have that vibe. Druid was never my thing though.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    PherPhur wrote: »
    For some reason I hadn't thought of it until today but... where's the druids?

Seems like a really fitting class, arguable more than some of the other classes.

What are the odds we see a druid in the future as a playable class?

And is there suppose to be any way to shapeshift in the game already, I can't seem to find anything about it on the wiki.

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Wild_Blade_(5e_Class)

Welcome to the best guess.
  • Options
    Solvryn wrote: »

Oh, I didn't know wild blades were considered a variant of a druid. Summoner primary and fighter secondary though? Seems... off

If anything I'd think of a wild blade as more of a Ranger/mage perhaps? Even then though Idk, nothing really seems down the ally of a druid.

Oh well, maybe in some future major patch. AoC has so much more they've got planned already I'm sure, but want to get the core of the game done and out first.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    Well since its rumoured that Summoner Archtype can transform into there summons
    I assume it will be Summoner/x
    But will probably have to wait for an expansion or two before something more (exactly) what a druid is comes out
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    Pyrolol wrote: »
    Well since its rumoured that Summoner Archtype can transform into there summons

Really? Do you have a link, would like to see/read for myself.

Currently, the wiki says the following:
    "Summoners will not be able to fuse with or be taken over by their normal summons.[5][6]
    In the case of siege summons the summoner does become the summon.[5][10]
    "
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Summoner

Siege Summons are something else entirely, but ordinary summons will just be controlled through the hotbar.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    SunboySunboy Member
    5% risk
    Source ”Trust me bro!”
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    I think someone asked about shapeshifting a few months back and when I looked it up back then it seemed like there are no plans to implelment a class or archetype that would have shapeshifting as one of their mechanics. Furthermore if I remember correctly, Steven is not particularly fond of the idea of shape shifting in Ashes particularly. Transforming into another playable creature - for now will probably be only a thing for siege summons and monster coin events. Other than that there is only sticking to "nature" type classes. That's what I am aware of, you might find the older post when searching "shapeshifter" or "druid" in the searchbar of the forum.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    There is no way to gameplay as a druid in AoC with the current archetypes.
  • Options
    Kilion wrote: »
    if I remember correctly, Steven is not particularly fond of the idea of shape shifting in Ashes

For somebody not particularly fond of shape shifting in AoC he sure made some weird decisions when it comes to the essence, Tulnar, the summoners siege summons, and monster coin events.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    PherPhur wrote: »
    Kilion wrote: »
    if I remember correctly, Steven is not particularly fond of the idea of shape shifting in Ashes

For somebody not particularly fond of shape shifting in AoC he sure made some weird decisions when it comes to the essence, Tulnar, the summoners siege summons, and monster coin events.

True, I looked it up again and it seems to be mainly a design choice for the start of the game and not a general rejection of shape shifting on Stevens part. So that leaves us with the explanantion that for now they probably didn't implement it because the development work necessary for a shape shifting class would be big with what else this game has planned. And it's probably difficult to balance as well.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    I would expect Druid, or something similar, to pop up in the future.

Why? Because the archetype do not only not exist, but combinations of archetypes into classes does not really fill the Druid function either. "Shaman" (cleric class) would be the closest, but I do not think it will have quite the Druid feel.

I would not be surprised if we see monk in the future either (for the same reason as Druid.)

At least to me, it seems like they left space for future archetypes on purpose.
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I sense an expansion in the future.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you think shapeshifting is key to being Druid - that won't be a thing.
  • Options
    HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I played a druid in D4 and it was my most fun experience with a shape shifting class.

I loved that shape shifting was very active and based off of what abilities you cast as opposed to shape shifting and getting a whole new skill bar. It was by far my favorite druid “class fantasy” experience.

Fingers crossed for something similar if we get it down the line!
  • Options
    d2 druid > d4 druid
  • Options
    SpifSpif Member
    Blizzard and some other games take on druid involve being an animal shapeshifter. Some games have them as nature based spellcasters with the ability to call pets.

Neither works well with the 8 classes we have. A case could be made for Ranger/Summoner, but IMO that ends up being more of a WoW hunter, since the Ranger's core is physical ranged DPS.

I'm not even going to start thinking about whether the first expansion has a new class
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Brood Warden could be something similar to a Druid.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think it's totally possible they will add something like a druid in a future expansion
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui