Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Rogue please

When do we see rogues showcased? Please take your time with rogues but please start soon ;D

Comments

  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You see, the thing about rogues is that you're normally not supposed to see them coming...
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.
    
  • xlx wrote: »
    When do we see rogues showcased? Please take your time with rogues but please start soon ;D

    We'll only get to see Rogues when we can go a month without someone calling them a Rouge. :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • daveywavey wrote: »
    xlx wrote: »
    When do we see rogues showcased? Please take your time with rogues but please start soon ;D

    We'll only get to see Rogues when we can go a month without someone calling them a Rouge. :D

    But rouge is red like blood. It makes them scary.
  • Assuming that the Node livestream is postponed by only this month, that would be next and it would make sense to have the rogue livestream next (considering that it was supposed to come after the open world boss stream) or the month after that, meaning October.

    If its still not coming them I assume they either are facing some major delays in the archetypes mechanics or they are trying to show us more than one thing (e.g. the full stealth mechanic) which takes more time.

    But those are all just guesses on my part really
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • xlx wrote: »
    When do we see rogues showcased? Please take your time with rogues but please start soon ;D

    Please take your time and make it good but also please hurry TF up! XXD

    I think we all pretty much feel the same way about the game as a whole. Oh, human nature, you contradictory thing.
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Bard doing bardy stuff.
  • I'm very interested to see how the rogue plays in this. We also need fighter and ranger showcases as well, they still haven't shown these off properly yet, they were only focused around basic attacks
  • SpifSpif Member
    I don't think we need a class showcase for every class. But I say that because a node showcase and 5 more class showcases (since no summoner before A2), and probably another crafting showcase, puts A2 at least 6-7 months out.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Spif wrote: »
    I don't think we need a class showcase for every class. But I say that because a node showcase and 5 more class showcases (since no summoner before A2), and probably another crafting showcase, puts A2 at least 6-7 months out.

    Yeah, isn't that basically in line with what they told us?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.
    
  • SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    xlx wrote: »
    When do we see rogues showcased? Please take your time with rogues but please start soon ;D

    They named the files John Cena and now they can't see them.
  • SpifSpif Member
    Azherae wrote: »
    Spif wrote: »
    I don't think we need a class showcase for every class. But I say that because a node showcase and 5 more class showcases (since no summoner before A2), and probably another crafting showcase, puts A2 at least 6-7 months out.

    Yeah, isn't that basically in line with what they told us?

    If you're talking timelines that's roughly what they were implying late last year. A2 spot testing early 2023 (possibly starting late 2022), then real A2 after that. Then, they said basically the same thing in March, "spot testing soon". As far as I can tell, spot testing has not yet begun....or it began with no leaks

    If they said they will showcase every class for feedback before A2, I must have missed that. That possible because I just watch livestreams and don't frequent the discord. That would put A2 at least 8 months out: 5 classes, 1 node, 2 crafting/other showcases.

    My point is just this: don't delay A2 to showcase every class. Hands on will get you better feedback than a showcase. *Do* delay A2 to present a good game (node tech, finishing building different zone types and areas in general, content), and in that case, a class preview is a good way to string us along
  • Spif wrote: »
    Azherae wrote: »
    Spif wrote: »
    I don't think we need a class showcase for every class. But I say that because a node showcase and 5 more class showcases (since no summoner before A2), and probably another crafting showcase, puts A2 at least 6-7 months out.

    Yeah, isn't that basically in line with what they told us?

    If you're talking timelines that's roughly what they were implying late last year. A2 spot testing early 2023 (possibly starting late 2022), then real A2 after that. Then, they said basically the same thing in March, "spot testing soon". As far as I can tell, spot testing has not yet begun....or it began with no leaks

    If they said they will showcase every class for feedback before A2, I must have missed that. That possible because I just watch livestreams and don't frequent the discord. That would put A2 at least 8 months out: 5 classes, 1 node, 2 crafting/other showcases.

    My point is just this: don't delay A2 to showcase every class. Hands on will get you better feedback than a showcase. *Do* delay A2 to present a good game (node tech, finishing building different zone types and areas in general, content), and in that case, a class preview is a good way to string us along

    they still need to develop the classes... they can just showcase them since they will be developed anyways. plus they will still showcase stuff even after alpha 2 start
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven said that they might not tell us when spot testing starts.
    There could have been some unanncounced A2 spot testing already.
Sign In or Register to comment.