Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

2nd Archetype Quest/Trials/Story to unlock it (Feedback)

Hey, i had this idea from and old game called Mu Online, way back in the day, i dont remember the details but once you get to certain level with your class, you were able to evolve it to a better one but you need to do some questing/trials, I think it would be cool if me a warrior that want choose mage as second archetype, in order to unlock this knowledge i have to go to a magic place and talk to this guy who is going to teach me they ways and once u have complete it all you unlock ur second archetype, maybe u can add some fun stuff and lore to these quests, like being sneaky and dont get caught for Rogue(2dn archetype), had this idea like 5 minutes ago but i think it could be interesting depending how u guys do it

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    This is what I expect in the game. L2 had the same approach, with those quests being the biggest ones at your lvl. They were so big that you'd start preparations several levels before you'd even get to a point where you can get the new class.
  • Options
    ro and l2 did this ugh. im ok with this as long as the quests aren't super ridiculous and you only have to do the quests once. so if you reset your 2ndary archetype, hopefully, you won't have to do the quest again.
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »
    ro and l2 did this ugh. im ok with this as long as the quests aren't super ridiculous and you only have to do the quests once. so if you reset your 2ndary archetype, hopefully, you won't have to do the quest again.

Only reason I say to still require a lengthy questline to change your secondary, even if you've done that secondary already, is to prevent swapping back and forth whenever once you have done them all for easy access to any build essentially. Steven has even said he wants changing a secondary to be a bit of a process.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I like quests that a character undergoes to evolve the class. They should be soloable and it's a good chance for instanced gameplay with the lore in the background, instead of player driven content.

However, since people will have the option to change their class combo (with a bit of work), I think we will only see:
    Fighter
    Tank
    Roque
    Ranger
    Cleric
    Mage
    Summoner
    Bard evolution Quests. 8, not 64.
    And once completed you can proceed to selecting your combo.
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    guild wars 1 also had this, and i would expect nothing less
  • Options
    SpifSpif Member
    Dolyem wrote: »

Only reason I say to still require a lengthy questline to change your secondary, even if you've done that secondary already, is to prevent swapping back and forth whenever once you have done them all for easy access to any build essentially. Steven has even said he wants changing a secondary to be a bit of a process.

I'm all for each archetype having a long quest chain to acquire. Possibly only allow advancing on one archetype quest chain at a time. That'll give people something to do while leveling.

I remember Steven saying that you can change your skill points/augments just by going back to town and talking to an NPC. I'm not positive, but thought changing your secondary was talked about being the same way.

I'd rather that changing your secondary not be all that difficult, especially since we're expecting to have a "loadout" kind of system that allows for changing from a soloing spec to a group dungeon spec to a large PvP battle spec. A trip back to town and out again without fast travel is already a 15-30 minute chore.
  • Options
    Spif wrote: »
    Dolyem wrote: »

I'm all for each archetype having a long quest chain to acquire. Possibly only allow advancing on one archetype quest chain at a time. That'll give people something to do while leveling.

I remember Steven saying that you can change your skill points/augments just by going back to town and talking to an NPC. I'm not positive, but thought changing your secondary was talked about being the same way.

I'd rather that changing your secondary not be all that difficult, especially since we're expecting to have a "loadout" kind of system that allows for changing from a soloing spec to a group dungeon spec to a large PvP battle spec. A trip back to town and out again without fast travel is already a 15-30 minute chore.

Your secondary ilchanging is tedious. But the skill point placements aren't
    GJjUGHx.gif