Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dragon Age Inquisition. World setting, tone and amazing characters.

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
As I was about to buy Baldurs Gste 3 I realized it was turn based. I am sure it has great depth and story, but it's not the gameplay I wanted so I am playing DA inquisition for the 3rd time.

I am wondering if any of the Devs have played it and if it has been discussed in meetings, but I must say, this game has such an amazing structure and many well penned factions that it is worth checking out its formula.

The world tone as well is close to LOTR, noble, grand, standing against all odds with courage. No way but forward, no hesitation, no complains.
If the witcher games (as well as the books) share the same themes of miserable, ruthless and small humans that we see also in GoT, then the Dragon Age series is closer to LOTR heroism.
I wonder what elements will AoC align mostly with?

Never in a game have I liked ALL the characters like in Dragon Age Inquisition. They are all so different and they cover all aspects of human behaviour, yet I place value in each and every one of them. Not one annoying character.
Now take ESO. They are all the same except for the original companions of the base game. And they are all annoying (except for the original ones). Because they are poorly written and the lack of life experience to enrich them left them empty, with modern behaviour as filler.

One more thing and no offence to the americans. Brittish/slavic/french/ hispanic/arabic accents are suitable for fantasy video games. Those that played spellforce3 might know what I mean.

Anyway. Everytime I start DA inquisition I feel compelled to shove my love for it down everyones throat, and stomp it as well for good measure.

Best music score as well.

Comments

• Options
    Big fan of dragon age 1 and 2.. Inquisition I tried to get into twice, but i dunno, just the vast amount of side content that is really shadow / boring kept making me give up on it. Just not the kind of player that's able to ignore it and focus on the main story, which i did think was decent. It really felt like it was made by some devs who made mmos before, and thus wanted to mmo elements into, but they never made them fun, there just there, wasting your time.

Lessons can be learned for mmos on that too, a lot have put too much effort into filler content just to make the game seem big..

My favorite mmos have always been the ones who focus on quality over quantity.

Witcher you mentioned did this right, every side quest felt like it had the same love and attention put into as the main quest, so it was all worthwhile to check out.