Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

In-combat music score

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
I hate it.

Here I am in a zone where I like the musical background, which matches those valleys, or those lonely deserts, and as soon a mob attacks me or as soon as pvp starts, here comes the same old, tired combat music. And no mmorpg has done it well. Witcher 3 did it well and many other singleplayer games, but I cant remember any mmo.

I would rather not have a dedicated in-combat music score. What do you think about it?

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Good compositor should be able to incorporate the local music to the battle music. Genshin does this pretty well imo.

This costs a ton of money though, but considering Steven has already promised to splurge on Bear Mccreary maybe we'll get something good. Though we'll have to see if that particular Steven promise holds up :)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    It doesn't bother me tbh. But there could be a couple of different combat scores being played (1-3).

I do think there is a reason to why games have a certain combat music (Especially PvP focused games). It keeps players alert and they can recognize the music right away as; danger, fear, enemy, nearby combat etc.

There's been times I've stepped away from console/PC to grab something quick in the kitchen, as soon as i hear combat music starts playing I know something is happening nearby my character that's hidden so I run back to my game lol.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    I would rather not have a dedicated in-combat music score. What do you think about it?
    PvPers don't need in-game combat music.
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited August 2023
    I like combat music, ramps up the excitement!

Maybe they could just have a load of different ones that are picked at random, and that way it would be less boring for you?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/