Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Prevent Guilds and Individuals from Snowballing out of control

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jamation wrote: »
    sternzy wrote: »
    Having 5 accounts will cost 75/month in ashes. That in no way can be perceived as any kind of barrier. That is an average bar tab for a single person to go out and have a couple drinks with dinner..

Sorry this is off topic for this thread, BUT WHY IS YOUR DINNER SO EXPENSIVE!?!? 75 dollars for a single dinner and some drinks? That's way too much :s That's like a month's worth of groceries for me!

same. i can eat for an entire month with 100 bucks lol
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Xeeg wrote: »
    This is my point. There are things that are permanent; character level, character artisan skill progress, questline progress, equipped items (unless lost as corrupt pvper). Then there are things that are not permanent; freeholds, node citizenship, node progress, components, consumables, territory dominance, etc.
    Primary Archetype level is permanent. Racial progression should be permanent.
    I don't think Artisan progression is permanent.
    Social Org progression is not permanent. Religion progression is not permanent.
    Ashes does not have Bind On Equip, so, equipped items are not permanent.

Ashes should not rely on server resets/new servers, expansions, etc., for new players to join and for slow players to still be able to rise to the top at some point, so the non-permanent features must be reasonably dynamic. If the game goes full monopoly and those that rushed the game at the start end up controlling the non-permanent aspects such that they become static, the core game play loop fails.
    What???

This is why the OP is discussing the topic, and why it is vitally important to get right. Snowballs into monopoly end game will kill the game and player base. People still play monopoly, but no one is still playing the same monopoly game, and no one is "joining in" on an existing monopoly game where one dood owns half the stuff and they get starter cash.
    What???
    Ashes doesn't have an endgame.
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    you don't really seem to have any argument here. Last I heard they were shooting for 45 days to max level. Call it 2 months to be fair. Within a year everyone running multiple accounts should have them all up to max level.
    My goal isn't to trash AoC, I'm just stating the issues that other games have run into in these areas and having dealt with this for 20 something years I know for sure that the issue isn't address entirely in AoC yet, though some solid foundations have been made.
    Having 5 accounts will cost 75/month in ashes. That in no way can be perceived as any kind of barrier. That is an average bar tab for a single person to go out and have a couple drinks with dinner..

Sorry this is off topic for this thread, BUT WHY IS YOUR DINNER SO EXPENSIVE!?!? 75 dollars for a single dinner and some drinks? That's way too much :s That's like a month's worth of groceries for me!

I live on the north shore of Boston. A steak is between 25-35$ now. Mixed drinks are 9-15 dollars. The price depends on the quality of the restaurant. a 20% tip is pretty much the baseline around here if you want good service in the future. I do this 6-7 times a month and sometimes I pay for more than just myself. I'm not rich by any means and 75$ a month is trivial for a hobby like an mmo where I'm working with potentially 1,000's of other people to be #1 on a server.
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    you don't really seem to have any argument here. Last I heard they were shooting for 45 days to max level. Call it 2 months to be fair. Within a year everyone running multiple accounts should have them all up to max level.
    My goal isn't to trash AoC, I'm just stating the issues that other games have run into in these areas and having dealt with this for 20 something years I know for sure that the issue isn't address entirely in AoC yet, though some solid foundations have been made.

I live on the north shore of Boston. A steak is between 25-35$ now. Mixed drinks are 9-15 dollars. The price depends on the quality of the restaurant. a 20% tip is pretty much the baseline around here if you want good service in the future. I do this 6-7 times a month and sometimes I pay for more than just myself. I'm not rich by any means and 75$ a month is trivial for a hobby like an mmo where I'm working with potentially 1,000's of other people to be #1 on a server.

The one without a argument is you, you are crying because people will play the game more than you. That is the entirely of what your post amounts to.

Its ignorant you are trying to suggest people are running multiple accounts with max lvl characters while ignoring all elements it takes to get there and assuming your leveling experience gives you max gathering / crafting on everything to boot. Without doing any kind of research or understanding the direction of the game.

If a person decides to max out a character in whatever profession and spends the time to level and do that for multiple characters and than buys more accounts to do that again spending thousands of hours to do so. That is up to them and their time if they feel it is a benefit.

The actual reality of the situation is you are making garbage up to try to create a non and imaginary issue to try to push your terrible idea of an agenda. That is why you show lack of understanding of the game and are saying random nonsense on the forums.

No one needs to buy more accounts, the only thing that is needed is your current character slots, and a guild to work together. That is far faster then you trying to make a argument someone is going to literarily spend like thousands and thousands of hours leveling multiple accounts, only to fall behind everyone else in the game as they do that.

You points aren't even based on Aoc or talk about the game mechanics, and even if they did someone spending time to do that is not a issue.

All i need to say to you is go make some friends and stop crying about actual foolishness.

The fact you think people are going to have multiple accounts full of characters in a year all at not just max level but max artisan / crafting. Shows you do not understand the game you are talking about.
  • Options
    Goalid wrote: »
    One system I'd like to suggest for this, is that the longer that a node lasts, the harder events they'll have to withstand, such as the goblin node attacks. If your node lasts for a long time, the mobs should grow stronger and stronger, requiring more resources from the citizens being spent to repel the monsters. Eventually, that will become very burdensome and let other, new nodes have an advantage in comparison.

Same could be done for castles if they have monster attack events, guilds that have held the castle for a long period will find it more and more difficult to have the resources to deal with with monsters and player attacks.

Something like this is on wiki:

Corrupted areas (zones/points of interest) can dynamically evolve with the progression of nodes and story arcs.[3][4][5][6][2][1]

These are sources of NPC events that players need to address before they grow out of hand.[8][2]
    Players need to participate in these events to stop the spread of corruption and hold back the intrusion on the material plane.[7]
    If players fail to address these corrupted areas, the frequency of NPC events against their node will increase. These can lead to node buildings and services being disabled, increasing the node's vulnerability to node sieges.[9]