Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Discussion, what do you think of this idea?

The idea is - Private public facilities

Basiclly..

Build the world or unique structures for the world / node for profit and entertainment

Just like you buy a land to build a node, if you have certain "reputation" you go a step further and buy land for public facilities
Examples for facilities: Colosseum, prison, auction house, clubs, roads and more.
Depending on the land you buy you can build different facilities,
Auction house, colloseum, clubs are in cities facility
But prison, slave encampment, roads and such is an outside facility

Colloseum can be built and designed by private owner (player) at huge cost, but in return he can recruit players or Npcs for matches
Create exciting pvp events
Create players vs monster events
Create a whole new economic profession of monster hunters that catches monsters for colosseums, or an agent that recruit players for pvp event.
And make profit from tickets and betting of other player.

Same goes for prisons, they can employ guards and security, they can employ bounty hunters to track down criminals, and in return they can get criminals which they can enslave for labor or sell
Additional idea, auction houses or private clubs can be raided, so yeah this auction houses may hold great items and products worth considerable sum of money but they also attracts great evil towards them, robber vs cop game that can turn peaceful city into a hellish scene is an example or perhaps elaborated robbery?
Social chain of profit that promotes and grows the economy as well as keep players in the game for purposes other than normal node storyline or progress

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    This just sounds like extended freehold gameplay. Could be a thing waaaay down the line, when any other gameplay dries up.
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    edited August 2023
    Taverns and business stalls are about it for now. Considering most of those other things are provided through systems and nodes, I don't see much more than those 2 things really being needed. You can still even go to arenas to place unofficial bets and have tournaments.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Taverns and business stalls are about it for now. Considering most of those other things are provided through systems and nodes, I don't see much more than those 2 things really being needed. You can still even go to arenas to place unofficial bets and have tournaments.

I love that this is a house.

wowd1ox4dkks.png
    wbauorbolxt1.png
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sinder wrote: »
    Dolyem wrote: »

I love that this is a house.

wowd1ox4dkks.png

qx2kcfqaqy3c.png
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png