Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Your expectations for the node stream?

arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
So, with the upcoming stream likely being one of the most significant in the game's development overall, I am curious what are your expectations?
What are we gonna see?
What remains hidden?
Any hot takes?

Comments

• Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Steven coughing.
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Erotic and tasteful node photos
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    pyreal wrote: »
    Steven coughing.

That should be a node type
    Erotic and tasteful node photos

Ngl, im actual horny for nodes
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2023
    But in all seriousness I am expecting something similar to the freehold presentation. Some sample tech trees. Some presentation showing off how different the same node can be built up. A walkthrough video showing off a variety of things within the node like the mayor system or something. And hopefully a node going through stages accelerated similar to the season and story arc showcases
  • Options
    SpifSpif Member
    An answer to node management and husbandry. The idea that overgathering might be bad for node development in any way has many implications
  • Options
    Probably asking too much, but it would be nice to see a level 6 node in each racial architectural influence.

That’s nine (9) level 6 nodes … one for each race.
  • Options
    I would hope we get to see the transitions from a few stages. How the mobs change, the quests, etc. Also I would hope we see the scale of the cities and distances between nodes in general
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I imagine we are going to see stuff about node advancement and management. I'm hoping we will see more about the impact node advancement has on the environment.
  • Options
    I would like to see an updated node simulation on the new map, to see how often sieges are expected to happen according to their vision.
  • Options
    As a sidenote i also like to see each casters pet in their lap.
  • Options
    The surprise addition of the Alpha 2 launch date.
  • Options
    Czarspeed wrote: »
    The surprise addition of the Alpha 2 launch date.

You may say I'm dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
  • Options
    Am hoping to see/hear:

Talk about the procedural generation and more about the steps to both make / allow us to make each of our cities unique.

Also, talk on how Node advancement will change the land around the city / cityscape.

• Options
    I would love to see a real time transition between node levels, more Infos about node perks, tactical choices what to build etc
  • Options
    I'd like to hear more about the different types of nodes bonuses. Not a complete list, but a few examples to show what progressing a node from expedition to village (or even beyond) feels like in, let say, a divine node vs. a military one.

Are some upgrades only unlocked at different stages? What are some of the exclusive ones (before the metropolis stage).
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    I would like to see the
    1. The management aspects of the node
    2. how reactive/dynamic the nodes are in response to different interconnected systems.
    3. The tactical aspects regarding sieges/caravans such as the design of road systems, walls, terrain layouts, defenses, etc.

Also a leak for the next livestream
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Soo i think i´ll hop in with my expectations as well.

Im mainly looking depth in systems and how well they are designed.
    Tbh i couldnt care less if they show us 9 different architecture styles on 6 different node levels.

In regards to nodes:
    -Im looking for the malleability of the node.
    How much can we construct and add towards making a node unique?
    -Deepth of interaction of the buildings and the node´s components
    Is the city just an empty shell of houses like in every other mmo?
    Can we interact with the armorsmith, is there a well designed bulletin board, is the caravan system well designed, can we hire npc guards, can players build stalls etc.?
    -Depths in changes once a node levels up and how different are the node types
    -How vibrant are the cities? Do they feel empty and dead?

In conclusion--> Are nodes as shallow as a survival game bases, or could you spend the entirety of your game time in a node due to how much it offers.

In regards to zoi:
    -How deep are the interactions and hooks build by intrepid to have a dynamic world?

• Options
    KilionKilion Member
    edited September 2023
    First and foremost I hope for a presentation like they did with the freehold update because there is A LOT of information to cover and while visuals also matter, understanding the general system seems more important imo.

With that being said what I hope to see/hear about:
    - How many Nodes of each type exist? (given that Verra will host 85 nodes, there must be some imbalance)
    - What will cause the Node types layout to differ? (race, terrain, maybe a randomizer for the arrangement of areas within the city walls?) It would be a shame if scientific nodes in a flat terrain would always have the same layout of streets and buildings
    - What does the current list of incentives look like for successfully laying siege to a Node? (What percentage of the stored resources will be lootable, what
    - What are the benefits/rewards can a Node give to the hired swords (players with no citizenship) for defending them? (Will this be packaged into a quest or in what way will these rewards be given out?)
    - To what degree is PvP possible within the walls of a Node? (Will there be policies to break up all fights or just to attack enemies of the Nodes & corrupted?)
    - To what depth will policies be able to influence the character of a node (e.g. can the guards of a military node be upgraded by sponsoring them higher level gear? Will it be possible to increase the number of guards? Can citizens/mayors decide to improve the quality of the walls or install additional measures of defence like a moat? Can we hire patrols to travel along main roads? etc)
    - What is necessary to maintain a Node? (How often will maintenance materials be deducted from the Nodes storage? Will the list of materials change drastically from one Tier to another? How fast and drastic will decay befall a Node after the maintenance requirements aren't met?)
    - What are the consequences of event type sieges? (can a node be fully destroyed? will there be disabled services as penalties for failing smaller events with event quests within the city?)
    - Are there circumstances under which a Node can be fully independent? (e.g. Lying at the edge of the map too far away for a Tier 6 Nodes ZOI to reach it and therefore unable to enslave any other Nodes but also untouched by ZOI of other Nodes)

Well, wasn't exactly that but focussing on governance, building types and processes as well as the Node resource management actually made sense. It obviously means we need another livestream about Nodes but this was a very solid foundation to better understand the features that will be shown in the future.

Though I might add that this would require the next stream to be in the next 4-5 month or people will have forgotten about its content again.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<