Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

From a shitty mmo to a promising Single Player game.

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
Crimson Desert for those that don't know alrdy. MMOs are difficult to make because systems need to make sense, as well as perform with massive amounts of players.
Developers can get inspiration from many types of videogames, but it's silly for gamers to compare or demand mmos to match up singleplayer titles. Enjoy the visuals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmoGYg8tB0

Comments

• Options
    damn the poor horsey died im sure >:
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Ye the trailer screams single player a lot.

Though i hope Intrepid manages to make the nodes as vibrant, as this games city.
    And also the quest board thing looked interesting.
  • Options
    From some reason people associate the success of a game with the company behind it. Why it is so?
    Developers leave but players keep blaming the company.
    I wonder what impact onto AoC will have that somebody who worked for NW was hired in an important position.
  • Options
    damn the poor horsey died im sure >:
    Raven016 wrote: »
    From some reason people associate the success of a game with the company behind it. Why it is so?
    I wonder what impact onto AoC will have that somebody who worked for NW was hired in an important position.

because they make the decisions. the guy who codes or draws the art doesnt :P
  • Options
    Neat.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    SpifSpif Member
    People don't usually dig deep enough into the credits to see who is doing the actual work. Sometimes it can be pretty illuminating. I remember that supposedly one guy was responsible for overpowered fire based classes at the launch of 3 different games: Bright Wizard, Pyromancer and Dragon Knight
  • Options
    The mounted combat looks fun. I always wonder why these highly-trained warriors wouldn't be able to fight on horseback.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    I hope the writting tone is better than FF. I will play it for sure, no matter what.
    Not going to touch an mmo until AoC, so I need to find my fix for swords and armors elsewhere.
  • Options
    Black Desert is basically a single player game, so it makes sense that they would do it for Crimson Desert too
  • Options
    McShave wrote: »
    Black Desert is basically a single player game, so it makes sense that they would do it for Crimson Desert too

XD massive single player online game.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    McShave wrote: »
    That's how I felt playing it. And eso and ff14.
    I did all I set out to do, grouping with randoms and never even typing a "hi".
  • Options
    That trailer made me realize, that I'm done with korean/eastern style mmo's. I'm talking about the art style here(and only that). I really grew to hate this flashy, shiny armour, anime, furry, lollies, cutie, tailored and styled approach. I hope Intrepid doesn't cave to the calls from Asmon & Co. for a distinctive style, especially if it goes into a comic, anime or korean/asian direction. I'm all in for a western, gritty, darker approach.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think we saw a fairly distinctive style in the Nodes demo.
  • Options
    Kubitz2Kubitz2 Member
    edited September 2023
    Agree, but I don't think the Asmon mob would. I like the fairly realistic, western rpg style and I think it is distinctive. But then, all the eastern style mmos look the same to me. I couldn't tell you if a game is japanese anime style, or korean style, or chinese. Sure I can see, if something is more realistic, or more styalized, but it's all one style and not at all distinctive to me. And since Aion I played most of them.
  • Options
    The guards gave me a dragon age inquisition vibe.
    Then the "reguisition agent" sealed it, as some influence. I dont understand how someone can dislike the looks of AoC rn.
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »

Companies and shareholders tell the developers what to do and force their hand. New World died because some marketing douche told the game devs to completely reverse the original vision of the game to create some lifeless WoW clone. That's why NW is now dead.
  • Options
    Kubitz2 wrote: »
    That trailer made me realize, that I'm done with korean/eastern style mmo's. I'm talking about the art style here(and only that). I really grew to hate this flashy, shiny armour, anime, furry, lollies, cutie, tailored and styled approach. I hope Intrepid doesn't cave to the calls from Asmon & Co. for a distinctive style, especially if it goes into a comic, anime or korean/asian direction. I'm all in for a western, gritty, darker approach.

I agree with this. FFXIV looks like every other korean MMO, like you said, with **** and scantily clad babes in stockings and high heels. If anything, AoC is currently only game that actually looks like a medieval MMO with modern graphics.
  • Options
    Kubitz2 wrote: »

I agree with this. FFXIV looks like every other korean MMO, like you said, with **** and scantily clad babes in stockings and high heels. If anything, AoC is the only modern game that actually looks like a medieval MMO with modern graphics.
  • Options
    I'm not expecting the combat in Ashes to look that good, but I hope they can get that level of fidelity when it comes to locomotion animations.