Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Immediate access?

Hey guys - newbie here with a quick question:

What do I need to purchase to have immediate gameplay access?

Thanks !

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    No immediate access is available. You can buy the bundle with the A2 access ($250+ ones) and hope that A2 comes out before you retire.
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited August 2023
    As mentioned in the above reply, the game is still in Alpha testing, @Rebutko.

Alpha 2 most likely being early next year.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community!

As already said, there is no immediate gameplay access. The Alpha 2 has been loosely - but far from definitely - announced to launch within the next 19 months. Current estimation (and that is all there is) think that the full game will not release before 2026 and I think those are the optimistic ones.

So the "best" you can do to play as soon as possible is indeed the 250$ Alpha 2 key which isn't available for too much longer (I think only one month left), but it won't answer your question on WHEN you can play.
    Otherwise pay 75$ for the Beta key which will probably require you to wait a few years.
    Or - which would economically make most sense to be honest - forget about the game for now and come back in a few years when it's done. Maybe check out the Cyberpunk 2.0 patch to kill some time? :D

Seriously though - the game is very much still in Alpha stage despite looking great in the showcases and it will take a gigantic amount of more time compared to "immediate access" to get where you want this to be.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options

Based on what?
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Fiddlez wrote: »
    Based on what?
    Steven's quote of "months, but not years", which iirc was around a bit more than year ago.
  • Options

Based on what?

^ as mention above steven quotes months not years.

- Next month cosmetic pack will be the last aswell which would indicate its coming soonish

- they said Alpha internal testing via a company is spose to happen this year too which would be the internal check before opening up A2 access which would also indicate early next year

im guessing we will probaly see alpha 2 sometime within 4-8 months just a hunch on how thing seem to be moving.
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited August 2023
    Actually amusing how people are bending quotes and use any bit of ambiguity to replenish their copium.
    NiKr wrote: »
    Based on what?
    Steven's quote of "months, but not years", which iirc was around a bit more than year ago.

Such a quote doesnt exist. Unless you quote Steven from 2019, where he indeed said the game will be delayed for months but not years.
    Though i think you are talking about the recent quote from the Carphin livestream, where he was asked "are we months away or years? Any kind of indication would be appreciated".
    To which the reply was "Um we are not years away from Alpha 2. Um but also not Alpha 2 is not right around the corner."
    Also this was 4 months ago, not 1 year.

The other Steven quote hinted at spot tests early next year and the alpha 2 afterwards. . Which can mean anything really.

There is literally nothing we have seen that looks remotely A2 ready, out of like the like 10 key systems that are supposed to be present at the beginning of A2.

Please dont project your copium on people, especially if they are new here.
    It´s not fair to give people false indications, especially when it could lead to purchases of fomo packs.

• Options
    arsnn wrote: »
    Actually amusing how people are bending quotes and use any bit of ambiguity to replenish their copium.
    Based on what?

Such a quote doesnt exist. Unless you quote Steven from 2019, where he indeed said the game will be delayed for months but not years.
    Though i think you are talking about the recent quote from the Carphin livestream, where he was asked "are we months away or years? Any kind of indication would be appreciated".
    To which the reply was "Um we are not years away from Alpha 2. Um but also not Alpha 2 is not right around the corner."

The other statement hinted at spot tests early next year and the alpha 2 afterwards. . Which can mean anything really.

It´s not fair to give people false indications, especially when it could lead to purchases of fomo packs.

The full quote and link to source in the wiki (under the picture on the right) make it seem as if he wanted to say "its not 24 more months till the Alpha 2 launches but it is not certain enough yet for me to say it with conviction" though, I'll have to say. Is that copium (which I would understand as "an optimistic delusion")? Not necessarily its the best case scenario interpretation based on a direct quote from the no 1 source on the matter.

I don't see any particular unfairness in people presenting their opinions to the best of their knowledge, though obviously that might be a flawed perspective.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited August 2023
    Kilion wrote: »
    I don't see any particular unfairness in people presenting their opinions to the best of their knowledge, though obviously that might be a flawed perspective.

Firstly some of the statements here dont read like opinions at all.
    Kilion wrote: »
    Is that copium (which I would understand as "an optimistic delusion")? Not necessarily its the best case scenario interpretation based on a direct quote from the no 1 source on the matter.

Secondly i do think people are using any ambiguity in their favor, instead of just stating the information we are given by Steven. They might as well be right with their prediction, but they paint a wrong picture on what we currently know.
    And tbh going for the best case scenario in game development is just delusional, especially in the context of this project and it´s history.

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Rebutko wrote: »

Thanks !

As has been repeated there is no immediate access. But preorder access is being removed from the store after the next month's package, so if you want guaranteed access to the next alpha stage or any of the beta's you better get on it.

th2bi5hu9mq3.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Fairest wrote: »
    Rebutko wrote: »

Thanks !

As has been repeated there is no immediate access. But preorder access is being removed from the store after the next month's package, so if you want guaranteed access to the next alpha stage or any of the beta's you better get on it.

th2bi5hu9mq3.gif

where do you find all those gifs? T_T
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

I've a curated collection from many content creators.

m4f9x8q2wxab.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options

I've a curated collection from many content creators.

m4f9x8q2wxab.gif

you always seem to have the right one for the post T_T i wonder how long it takes you to find one when you post ahahhaha
  • Options
    Raven016Raven016 Member
    edited August 2023
    Based on what?

The other Steven quote hinted at spot tests early next year and the alpha 2 afterwards. . Which can mean anything really.

There is literally nothing we have seen that looks remotely A2 ready, out of like the like 10 key systems that are supposed to be present at the beginning of A2.

I cannot say I feel better now.
    But I had some doubts anyway.
    The fomo packs I will buy anyway...
    But you did a good thing to provide detailed info!
  • Options

you always seem to have the right one for the post T_T

wstmu0uwthjr.gif

I have them organised by streamer name/show title. So as soon as something reminds me of a scene I can just zip to it.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Yes, that's the one I referenced. My bad on the timing. Time has not existed for me since 2020 and especially 2022. I really thought it's been longer than 4 months.

Well then, it's most likely not beginning of 24.
  • Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Based on what?

Years are made of months, still true, from a certain point of view.
  • Options

you always seem to have the right one for the post T_T

wstmu0uwthjr.gif

I have them organised by streamer name/show title. So as soon as something reminds me of a scene I can just zip to it.

thats dedication ;3