Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Freeholds an able to sell them is a bad idea

I believe it will create a lot of problems where people will jack up the prices an people will sell them for real money

Comments

• Options
    I believe it will create a lot of problems where people will jack up the prices an people will sell them for real money

They'll have systems in place to counter RL-money issues.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2023
    daveywavey wrote: »

I mean, they can't control the RMT aspect of direct selling freeholds at all. Ever. The freehold will be sold for an ingame sum of gold to avoid most suspicion, on top of $1000 on paypal or whatever in order to even be considered as a buyer. Something like that will 100% happen, and they obviously can't monitor that.

I'd prefer if they dropped all resales of freeholds, other than perhaps selling it back to the node for a sum of gold, but at the very least they have to drop the idea of direct sales to other players. Selling a freehold through a bidding system open to all is better, if Intrepid absolutely have to have player to player freehold sales in the game.

Let's see how long this thread can keep going for :smile:
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2023
    Nerror wrote: »

I mean, they can't control the RMT aspect of direct selling freeholds at all. Ever. The freehold will be sold for an ingame sum of gold to avoid most suspicion, on top of $1000 on paypal or whatever in order to even be considered as a buyer. Something like that will 100% happen, and they obviously can't monitor that.

I'd prefer if they dropped all resales of freeholds, other than perhaps selling it back to the node for a sum of gold, but at the very least they have to drop the idea of direct sales to other players. Selling a freehold through a bidding system open to all is better, if Intrepid absolutely have to have player to player freehold sales in the game.

It is an in game "bidding" system for freeholds... we think. So, you are saying that people will win the in-game bid and ALSO pay $1000.00 real world money. If they don't win the bid, no amount of real world money will fix that. If they do win the bid, why would they agree to pay extra?

I am not sure I understand your position on this.
  • Options
    Aces_Are_WildAces_Are_Wild Member
    edited September 2023
    After a player bids and gets a free hold they can sell to any other player directly that's what my understanding is
  • Options
    nerror is talking about the reselling of a freehold not the initial purchase / bidding of it thats where people are getting mixed up.

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nerror wrote: »

Indeed.

There is literally no way at all that Intrepid can stop people buying and selling items in game for real money.

I mean, they could say they have a system in place to detect purchases that aren't balanced (selling a 1000g item for 1g, for example), but this isn't going to work if Intrepid allow players to scam each other (they have said this is fine), and also goes against the notion of guild/family ownership of things like freeholds.

I mean, how do Intrepid know if that sale of my freehold to Nerror who joined my family last week was just a transfer of ownership of the freehold within the family, or if the sale price was actually 1 gold plus $250.

Hell, the going rate for a freehold may be 1k gold but be incredibly rare. In this case, how do Intrepid then know if the freehold I sold Nerror for 1k gold didn't also have that same $250 cost attached to it?

There is absolutely a limit to what a developer can do in this regard.

The above all said, that doesn't mean Intrepid should just not have things in the game that players value enough to buy and sell.
  • Options
    The loss/destruction of nodes and the associated freeholds should keep RMT down to a minimum, who wants to keep purchasing these things repeatedly?