Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Item Financing and Bounty System

I think a really cool aspect of this game would be if we could offer financing for weapons we sell in our freeholds. Since this is a player driven economy. Sellers could set the financing terms, down payment, interest rate, contract length. Players could then have the opportunity to compete in advanced content a lot sooner, but with risk, and guilds that progress past tiers of gear faster would be rewarded. Creating even more immersion.

This also adds another layer to the bounty system. If an item is defaulted on, then a bounty can be created by the financer. This bounty would be some sort of split of what gold was already paid on the item, and the seller would receive the item back.

This also adds to the player economy. you could have a dedication to bounty hunting as a profession and it's fueled by more than just corruption. It helps spread the wealth around too.

there would have to be a system in place for players who finance items and then never log back in. I'm not sure what would be the most balanced, a week logged off, a month? maybe that's something that could be set to the financing terms by the seller as well.

There could be a lending system for gold to. players could lend out money at set interest rates, If a player defaults, a bounty could be placed for an amount set by the financer. If a player defaults, there could be a garnishment set on their income, where any gold they receive, a % goes straight to their lender.

Overall, this would add a great immersive feel to the game and an added aspect to the economy that continues to push the player driven narrative.

Comments

• Options
    CawwCaww Member
    I'm not sure a repo system is the best use of dev resources
  • Options
    I think this is a great idea! It takes parts of the game (Corruption and Player Economy) and creates a teritary playstyle by mixing them (which would be solidly secured in the realm of PvX, as the player to player trading would affect the environment around then). The features of the corruption already exist, so specifying what the player could drop (resources and money already do) would be the next pass of refinement for thr system.

Certainly the community would have another level of depth as guilds and loan sharks would become known and maybe treated like the old hag who lives in the woods; you know it's a dangerous gamble, but you have to try anyway (Risk VS Reward, another pillar of AoC/Intrepid).
  • Options
    I Dont think its a terrible idea but I genuinely think it would feel terrible to actually have in game.
  • Options
    ummm whats the difference from just straight up selling the item?
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You can already this in the game, you do not need an in-game system to do it. Just like other transactions (such as the insurance company discussed recently), all you need is trustworthy players. Certainly, many players are Not trustworthy, so don't lend them money. But if you have a good guild friend, or a real-world friend, or someone who has earned your trust...lend them money at an agreed interest rate and it works just fine.

If you don't trust them enough, have them hand over collateral to you to hold until they repay your loan plus interest, then give them the collateral back. Just like real world banking.