Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Just random talking about possible magic

as the title states, this is just me throwing an idea into the void for fun but i hope that the shaman type class perhaps can use like plant magic like a druid and i would on a deeper level love if fungal magic was a thing like the spore druid from dnd. honestly i dont know why exactly but a basically bard style buffer/debuffer who controls the area through the release of spores that give your allies bonuses or debilitate your enemies and can even go down darker routes with using the fungus to raise the dead as your minions is just so damn fun in a uniquely creepy way....

Comments

• Options
    I'm curious about the shaman class. Cleric as the primary archetype makes a lot of sense, since shamans are spiritual leaders. I want to see how the summoner secondary archetype will combine with that...

Plants and fungi are a good stylization because it refers to entheogens, the first thing I think of when the word shaman is brought up. I imagine the class going in this direction, a healer with a deeper contact with nature. Besides plants and fungi, summons might be spirits, wether human or elemental ones.

Can't wait for the showcase :)
  • Options
    I'm curious about the shaman class. Cleric as the primary archetype makes a lot of sense, since shamans are spiritual leaders. I want to see how the summoner secondary archetype will combine with that...

Plants and fungi are a good stylization because it refers to entheogens, the first thing I think of when the word shaman is brought up. I imagine the class going in this direction, a healer with a deeper contact with nature. Besides plants and fungi, summons might be spirits, wether human or elemental ones.

Can't wait for the showcase :)

nail on the head and i 100% am with ya and cant wait to see what they do!
  • Options
    I hope they start Alpha 2 before... I'll have more patience if that happens.
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    I hope they start Alpha 2 before... I'll have more patience if that happens.

oh most definantly, i always try to do my best to point out that im not saying if this isnt in the game than they NEED to add it before they do anything else but like throwing ideas into the void so that AFTER full launch, they can maybe have a bunch of ideas in the back of their mind that while they havent done any work on them, they can make things in a way that leaves a back door open to ideas like this to be added as expansions or major updates and stuff later down the line :D
  • Options
    Actually I prefer them to add things during Alpha before release. Just let the alpha start. Then we can get also a better feeling and give better feedback.
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Actually I prefer them to add things during Alpha before release. Just let the alpha start. Then we can get also a better feeling and give better feedback.

well that is a fair take in one light but the reason why many would prefer the alternate is that a PTS will likely exist still on the full release like most other games out there AND the more things they add to even just try out in the alpha 2 and the beta's adds more time till full release and with how big mmos are on their own and how big ashes especially is, the scrope creep becoming the only thing out there is too dangerous a thought to indulge if ya ask me.
  • Options
    I would really like to see in the game such control as "polymorph", lifting the enemy with a whirlwind of a hurricane, pentagram traps, petrification...
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif