Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion in Player Looting. Let the loot be in a named, transferable bag.

It is reported that the plan when a player dies, even in PVP, there are some things that can be looted.

The suggestion is how about instead of items picked up one at a time, including money, all said items and money be in a named bag. The bag will have the dead players name on it. The bag contains items that can be looted, but the bag is transferable, so the bag can returned to the player that was killed.

This would offer another layer in the PVP of Ashes of Creation. Allowing players the option of returning the bags to players, instead of letting other players just loot the corpse of the player.

This would increase informal reputation among players.

Comments

• Options
    you can still loot the items and return them...just check the logs to see what you picked.
    this would make pvp less rewarding and life easier for corrupted players, because now their friends only need to pick up a single item to pick up everything they looted, giving the player who won the PVP 0 chance to pick up anything, unless you are doing 1v1 (but the game inst balanced around 1v1).

also, why would you return the items to someone you killed? in the majority of cases.

also, money wont be dropped on death.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I agree with the majority of things Depraved said, but I would like a bag system for PK kills, cause I want it to be tied to the BH system with some particular interactions.
  • Options
    What happens to the bag once emptied?
    What happens to the bag if you keep only one item it in? Can you put other stuff back in it?
    Since players will drop resources upon death, what's shape of the bag? Is it suddenly the ultimate resource capable bag?

Not sure the bag maker guild will be happy with this.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2023
    This would really only apply to killing Corrupted.
    I have a feeling the devs won't add something extra, like a bag, that only comes into play when Corrupted are killed.

Also, part of the inventory strategy for PvP is that the killer may not have the right type of bag(s) that allow them to pick up the individual resources/items that are dropped when a player dies.