Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Re-assuring to know how city contracts will be filled! Question about "Node Currency"?

Yours truly was kind of worried it'd be a system in which there was a pre-set number of materials needed for several/tens of contracts; It's instead to be a system in which multiple people can contribute to the same pool of resources, for projects and contracts. We kind of knew this from Alpha One and the building resources' pool - but it's good to know that a single contract can be fulfilled by multiple people.

Still not clear on the "Node Currency". If we're gaining it from helping a particular node, then why does it transfer, to spend in another node? Shouldn't it ONLY count for a particular node? It might have been covered in the stream and maybe I missed it - but can we spend our Node Currencies in other Nodes while actively a citizen of a different node, or is it only for the Node in which we currently reside?

Comments

• Options
    They didn't elaborate too much on Node Currency, I'm presuming it will come up in another stream or something in more detail.

I haven't watched it back again but off the top of my head, I think, and I could have absolutely heard it wrong, but I think you can only spend your Node Currency in the Node you're a citizen of.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yours truly was kind of worried it'd be a system in which there was a pre-set number of materials needed for several/tens of contracts; It's instead to be a system in which multiple people can contribute to the same pool of resources, for projects and contracts. We kind of knew this from Alpha One and the building resources' pool - but it's good to know that a single contract can be fulfilled by multiple people.

Still not clear on the "Node Currency". If we're gaining it from helping a particular node, then why does it transfer, to spend in another node? Shouldn't it ONLY count for a particular node? It might have been covered in the stream and maybe I missed it - but can we spend our Node Currencies in other Nodes while actively a citizen of a different node, or is it only for the Node in which we currently reside?

I would have to rewatch, but my take from it was that you gain reputation within the node, the higher your rep, the better things you can spend that node currency on. The node currency transferring was in relation to the talk about refugee status I thought. Not that you will just be able to go to a different node as you like to spend it, but that if you lose your node and become a refugee it converts to your next citizenship. But like I said, have only done a single listen through.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    At first I was thinking the opposite, but now I might agree with you. I’ve been thinking about what incentivizes people to leave their home nodes and do objectives in other nodes. Like why would you want to bring a caravan of materials from your node to another node when it will only make the other node stronger?

Anything you do outside of your own node is essentially making your enemies stronger or helping adjacent nodes out level your own.

If the node bucks are tied to a specific node then there is actually an incentive to bring materials to a node that you don’t have citizenship in, because you want access to use their amazing blunt weaponsmith or something.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If you have a good quantity of the currency from Node X, it would certainly be a strong motivator to defend Node X in case of a siege. If the node gets wiped, then all your currency becomes worthless!
  • Options

because nodes might get destroyed and its possible that node will never develop further from the beginning stages since nearby nodes will block it. or it could take years for other nodes to be destroyed and that one to develop again.

if they made node currency tied to the node where u got it, they would have to make it easily obtainable or things in the node should be very cheap, so after a month you buy everything and then it becomes useless.
  • Options
    Node currency being usable within the same group of vassal nodes makes sense. Everyone in the same zone of influence using the same coinage. If viewed as locally minted coins, it's not a big stretch to envision these coins to have value in other nodes outside this ZOI. Maybe not with a perfect exchange rate of 1:1, but with a few levers to adjust depending of the players standing in the node and the things such a conflict (siege declaration, guild wars, etc.).

If node currency is viewed as credit or favours owed to the player by the settlement, it's not as easy to transfer it to another group of nodes (main + vassals). Well, transferring it and "it" still make sense.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    Percimes wrote: »

If node currency is viewed as credit or favours owed to the player by the settlement, it's not as easy to transfer it to another group of nodes (main + vassals). Well, transferring it and "it" still make sense.

that would be reputation. having a good reputation will allow you to buy stuff people with not so good reputation cant buy...

the currency is more univerlsal. i mean you cango to another city or state and still use usd.
  • Options

I understand the node currency similar to gold but being separate in order to measure and let player be aware how much he involves himself into the node game mechanics.
    The gold can be exchanged between players while node currencies cannot.

Can be that players who do whatever they want will have more gold while those who do what the mayor tells them, will have more node currency.
    If you do not want to stay in a particular node but you are a traveler, you can still get node currency by doing whatever the nearby node needs.

This can be useful to give an advantage to players who stay near nodes over those who maybe stay in the deep ocean or who do many dungeons as their preferred game-play style.
    Depends what kind of stuff you can buy only with node currency. If players with gold will want to obtain something which can be purchased only with node currency, they'll have to obtain it from players who can buy those things and those players will negotiate to get more gold, if that remains useful for something.