Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Just bought Voyager Pre-Order Package. Am I set for alpha 2?

Same as title. I just bought the Voyager Pre-Order Package, but I don’t see anywhere where it says that I have future access to alpha 2. Just wanted to make sure I did the right thing! Thanks !

Comments

• Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If you meant the pack below it should grant you access to alpha 2 testing.

Just ensure you've connected the purchase to your correct email/account. It may also take some time to update if you just bought it but you should see it on your account shortly.

Like if you click on my face to look at my profile you'll be able to see I'm a Member, had Alpha 1, and am an Adventurer. Currently only seeing your account as Member status so may just take a second to update.

vonoe0916pgb.png
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited September 2023
    You bought the product before checking the full details ... or otherwise reaching out for an understanding of what's included before purchase?

At $250 USD it would be nice to know those details before (instead of after).

You're also aware that Alpha 2 is heavy on testing and light on playing the game (due to its unfinished state)?

Yes, you're all set, @Rebutko. ;)
  • Options
    You bought the product before checking the full details ... or otherwise reaching out for an understanding of what's included before purchase?
    I wish I could throw $250 out like that w/o a hint of a second thought. Alas
  • Options

You're also aware that Alpha 2 is heavy on testing and light on playing the game (due to its unfinished state)?

What do you mean exactly by testing rather than playing the game?
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Rebutko wrote: »

Give me $250 and I will tell you the secret
  • Options
    Jamation wrote: »
    If you meant the pack below it should grant you access to alpha 2 testing.

Just ensure you've connected the purchase to your correct email/account. It may also take some time to update if you just bought it but you should see it on your account shortly.

Like if you click on my face to look at my profile you'll be able to see I'm a Member, had Alpha 1, and am an Adventurer. Currently only seeing your account as Member status so may just take a second to update.

I upgraded to voyager over a year ago and it still says only "member" on my name. Since I didn't qualify for Alpha 1 (bought too late), it shouldn't say Alpha 1, it should say Alpha 2, but I don't think anyone here has that designation yet and I imagine that will get updated once Alpha 2 is upon us? Anyone know?
    i0xzy5byic4r.png
  • Options

You will be "playing" a game that will have many changes and character wipes (most likely), the Alpha 2 is all about testing the game systems and then being adjusted. It will provide some semblance of the final release and expose you to the Riverlands portion of the continent.
  • Options

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-2

Ashes of Creation's core game systems are expected to be in place at the start of Alpha-2.[2][5] By the end of Alpha-2, the game is expected to be feature complete, but it will not be content complete until launch.[6][7] Alpha-2 will last until launch and will run in parallel with Beta-1 and Beta-2.[6][8]

Persistent alpha

Alpha-2 is known as the persistent alpha.[8][50] Persistent means that the Alpha-2 servers will be kept up all day and night until launch.[6][8]

There will be downtime for patches.[6][7]

There will be character and testing wipes.[6][57][8]
    All servers will be wiped prior to launch.[58]

Alpha-2 servers will become the public test servers (PTS) post-launch that are used to test patches and updates.[59][57][8]

Alpha-2 will remain even post launch as our public test server.[59] – Steven Sharif

Beta-1 and Beta-2 will likely not be persistent.[8]

The ultimate goal for A2 is to be persistent and the PTS, but before we get that far there's gonna be some wipes I would expect.[57] – Steven Sharif

Alpha-2 server wipes

Alpha and Beta servers will be wiped prior to launch.[58]
  • Options
    Im good with character wipes what threw me off is when you said you would be light on playing the game. The way I understand testing is you have the freedom to play the existing content at your leisure (as long as servers are up) and give feedback. Is this the case ?
  • Options
    it will be directed content. Not like the whole game is available. More like how do seiges work, or what is gathering and processing and crafting like, or vote for this mayor
  • Options
    Im good with character wipes what threw me off is when you said you would be light on playing the game. The way I understand testing is you have the freedom to play the existing content at your leisure (as long as servers are up) and give feedback. Is this the case ?

yes, jumping in and out of A2 is up to you, there will be changes so reading all the update notes to understand the new circumstances would be a good idea
  • Options
    I'd like to highjack the topic for a sec instead of making a new one.
    A last Voyager package -with A2 access- will be sold on September at some point, right?
    I didn't pay enough attention during the previous livestream. I think I recall it being mentioned? So I'm better off asking here, probably.
    Did they talk about a specific announcement?

Thx for the replies :)
  • Options
    Nikbis wrote: »
    I'd like to highjack the topic for a sec instead of making a new one.
    A last Voyager package -with A2 access- will be sold on September at some point, right?
    I didn't pay enough attention during the previous livestream. I think I recall it being mentioned? So I'm better off asking here, probably.
    Did they talk about a specific announcement?

Thx for the replies :)
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-2
    September 2023 will be the final pre-order packs for Ashes of Creation.[56]
  • Options
    Nice, thanks! I'll closely keep looking for it ;)
  • Options
    Welcome to Alpha 2 crew . 😂 Raven016 great info...
    So very much to know...so much unknown..Looking forward to Alpha 2. The beginning of a new world, and a new kinda MMO . Love seeing a MMO being built by people with a true passion for what they are creating.. active GM's. They are hitting everything to make this the kind of MMO I dreamed of so long ago , before this kind of game was even graphically possible.... I am listed as simple a member also... Pretty sure that will change in time...... time to wait ...
  • Options
    Thanks guys ! I’ve never been in an alpha before. Very excited!