Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Load-out outfits(swap gear sets from inventory) and Corruption

13»

Comments

• Options
    morphwastakenmorphwastaken Member
    edited September 2023
    NiKr wrote: »
    Corrupt players also have a chance to drop any equipped items based on their current corruption score, including dropping weapons and armor.[10][18][7][10][111][16]
    Any amount of corruption allows a player to drop equipped gear upon death. The higher the corruption the greater the chances.[112] – Steven Sharif
    And I checked some other quotes and Steven says "items you're wearing". In other words, right now I really think that your suggestion is literally what the current plan is :D
    :smile:
    Then they should definitely not allow to swap gear while red.
    It was in the early days, before the PK removal quest and back then I lost items a few times.
    Speaking of which - do you guys expect there to be a way to lower PK count?
    I do.
  • Options
    Speaking of which - do you guys expect there to be a way to lower PK count? I do.
    A quest may be utilized to reduce the player kill (PK) count of a corrupt player in order for them to accumulate less corruption score in the future.[7][4]
    This is a design shift from a religious quest being used to directly reduce the corruption score.[8]

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Removing_corruption
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Yes they mentioned that there will be quests to erase your PK count. Not easy, but it will be a way for people to redeem themselves instead of always stacking up PKs, leading to vast amounts of corruption per new kill.
  • Options
    Right, now i remember. Wonder if you would need to be a citizen of a Divine node to do it?
  • Options
    @George_Black someone with the intent of just pking will keep trash gear in his inventory. he he will not be farming mobs and pk with a full inventory. he will go out to pk using his strongest gear then switch to trash gear if he is going to die, avoiding death penalty completely. or simply have both gear sets and be happy with taking less loot when farming and more trips to town in exchange for safer pk. a lot of people would do that specially in a contested areas. it completely removes the biggest risk of being pk.

the pk system is a high risk low reward system. its made like that so players dont enter that state. thats the purpose of the system. if you lower the risks, or increase the rewards, more players will enter that state.

a low risk high reward mechanic will be used by the majority of players whereas a high risk low reward wont. thats the intent. cant decrease the risk too much if you intend people not to use it.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Suggestion:

When red and dead you drop mats and you have a high chance to drop items currently slotted in an equipment spot but never whole non-equipped items.

Makes sense to me. This would also prevent players from filling inventory with trash to lower the chance of dropping actual good items.

An easier way to get around this is to use either a gearscore type system (which Intrepid will have internally, even if not externally), and if there is a roll to drop an item, there is a subsequent roll (going no higher than 20) as to which item it drops, starting from the best item you have and then going down.

Thus if you roll to drop an item when killed while corrupt, the second roll may be a 7, and you will then drop the 7th best item you have on you, whether in your inventory or equipped.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    An easier way to get around this is to use either a gearscore type system (which Intrepid will have internally, even if not externally), and if there is a roll to drop an item, there is a subsequent roll (going no higher than 20) as to which item it drops, starting from the best item you have and then going down.

Thus if you roll to drop an item when killed while corrupt, the second roll may be a 7, and you will then drop the 7th best item you have on you, whether in your inventory or equipped.

I don't see how it's easier than locking items in place while corrupted, specially when it's already half way there (no trading and no storage).
    Equal gear score items may easily vary in value by a factor of 100.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2023

I don't see how it's easier than locking items in place while corrupted, specially when it's already half way there (no trading and no storage).
    Equal gear score items may easily vary in value by a factor of 100.

Items should be locked in place while corrupt, but that doesn't mean you should only drop items that are equipped.

You should have a chance to drop what ever you have on you, starting with the best item you have and working down - as that is the only real way to prevent players from cheesing the system as per basically every second post in this thread.

This is a discussion we have had many times on these forums over the years, and the above is the only potential solution us posters have come up with that isn't immediatly able to be cheesed.

If your items gearscore and value are as far out of sync as you are suggesting, then your gearscore system needs an overhaul. I would assume Intrepid are better than that.
  • Options
    Items should be locked in place while corrupt, but that doesn't mean you should only drop items that are equipped.

You should have a chance to drop what ever you have on you, starting with the best item you have and working down - as that is the only real way to prevent players from cheesing the system as per basically every second post in this thread.

This is a discussion we have had many times on these forums over the years, and the above is the only potential solution us posters have come up with that isn't immediatly able to be cheesed.

If your items gearscore and value are as far out of sync as you are suggesting, then your gearscore system needs an overhaul. I would assume Intrepid are better than that.

How do you cheese a system where you only drop equipped items without ability to swap them out?
  • Options

It's called meaningful choice. But i guess you are too used to ⬆️ = equip.