Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions when talking with Steven

2»

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2023
    We're very fortunate to be following a game's development which has a person like Steven at the helm. The fact that he's dropping in on all of these podcasts and shows is unprecedented in our genre. I don't fault people for not maximizing their time with Steven because this is such a unique circumstance.
    LMAO
    It's not unprecedented. Theoryforge has been doing interviews with MMORPG devs for 10 years.
    But, yeah....
    Those are some great guidelines.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    LMAO
    It's not unprecedented. Theoryforge has been doing interviews with MMORPG devs for 10 years.
    But, yeah....
    Those are some great guidelines.

Yeah. I was trying to be charitable to a recent event, but you're right.
  • Options
    Dont ask questions that are already answered on the wiki :p people love doing that -.-
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    One of the most important questions that hasn't been asked yet, which I tried to get dyggs to ask during their interview is.

As far as Intrepids internal time line. Are things still on track? Are the milestones being met within your scheduled dates? Or have you hit some snags or setbacks?
  • Options
    i need to interview steven since i want my question answered >:
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    One of the most important questions that hasn't been asked yet, which I tried to get dygz to ask during their interview is.

As far as Intrepids internal time line. Are things still on track? Are the milestones being met within your scheduled dates? Or have you hit some snags or setbacks?
    That is not something Steven is going to answer in any meaningful way.
    The obvious answer is Yes. Because Ashes failed to release before 2020.
    So... the farther away from 2020 we get, the more snags and setbacks there are.

Also... the Know Your Nodes articles for Divine Nodes and for Military Nodes were supposed to be released in 2019. Every time I ask about them (and I have asked every year since 2019), Margaret says they were completed but there have been changes to the design so Steven is not ready to sign off on them yet.
    If they can't even release articles due to changes in the design - that means there are snags and setbacks.

Also... notice that we have seen no demos for Summoner or Bard...
    We also have not seen the Rogue demo yet. And the Rogue was supposed to be included in Alpha 1.
    Which means there is some snag or setback associated with the Rogue Primary Archetype.

So... as alluded to in the OP... there are some questions we won't ask because we know we aren't going to get a meaningful answer from Steven.
    (Any changes made to the design will cause a snag/setback.)
  • Options
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    One of the most important questions that hasn't been asked yet, which I tried to get dyggs to ask during their interview is.

If they release their internal timeline, then it's no longer an internal timeline. The reason it hasn't been asked is because it's really really not an important question for us. For them, yes, and I'm sure they're asking it internally. But, we shouldn't expect to know all their internal comms just because they give us a livestream each month.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The internal timeline will always have delays and adjustments.
    Still useful for the devs.

• Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A few things.

These are not easy to do. All of the creators feel the weight of trying to do right by the community while also trying to have fun in getting to have a conversation with Steven.

Notice I said conversation. These are not rapid-fire interview sessions. These are 1 to 2 hour conversations between gamers who love mmorpgs that just happens to be live for all to see. Many viewers come in and watch with the wrong mindset of what to expect.

I think all of the creators have done a good job, and that most of the people complaining would also be complained about if they did this themselves.

My advice is to not post "Place your question here" threads anywhere as this will always lead to people being upset that their question did not get asked or that the "wrong" question was asked out of the list.
  • Options
    I think it is the developer's decision and responsibility to explain / reveal what thinks is important.
    Some things can change. Makes sense for the developer to avoid questions which cannot be answered with high enough accuracy.
    Soon enough we will test them anyway.