Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

AoC Apocalypse

SmaashleySmaashley Member
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
Sooo, I searched the wiki for Apocalypse BR mode and it still says that "Ashes of Creation Apocalypse will be implemented side-by-side with the Ashes of Creation MMORPG." Is it still up to date ? Because I think it would attract more people in the game if it is still the case.

What do you guys think ?

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    ...why?
  • Options
    They were running side-by-side. Apocalypse test is now over.
  • Options
    Please.... no
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    AdelissaAdelissa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The BR will still go down as their largest mistake and they recognize that. Out of curiosity, why do you think it would improve the game and attract players?
    Adelissa | Guild Master | Heathen Lords
    avlegukgqhk0.png
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2023
    6Um9Bdh.png
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Please.... no
    Talents wrote: »
    6Um9Bdh.png

I would not mind it as a smaller in-game arena instance. But you would obviously need to play the game itself to acquire the gear/weapons and skills. Thinking sorta like GW1 Battle Isles would be nice.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    AdelissaAdelissa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Please.... no
    6Um9Bdh.png

I would not mind it as a smaller in-game arena instance. But you would obviously need to play the game itself to acquire the gear/weapons and skills. Thinking sorta like GW1 Battle Isles would be nice.

I could see this being a thing a few months/years after launch sure.
    Adelissa | Guild Master | Heathen Lords
    avlegukgqhk0.png
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited September 2023
    6Um9Bdh.png

APOC for military mayor elections, X groups go in and 1 group is the winner and party leader gets mayor :P
  • Options
    There was a lot of really bad feed back on it. But i think it was mostly cause people didnt realize it was built mostly as a server testing platform. That was my understamding of it anyway.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Optics2134 wrote: »
    There was a lot of really bad feed back on it. But i think it was mostly cause people didnt realize it was built mostly as a server testing platform. That was my understamding of it anyway.

I don't think that was the purpose at first. Hence the bad feedback and spin put on it afterwards.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Nova_terraNova_terra Member
    edited October 2023
    Neurath wrote: »
    Optics2134 wrote: »

I don't think that was the purpose at first. Hence the bad feedback and spin put on it afterwards.

The reported reason for APOC was that they wanted to have data regarding the engine (part of the reason they needed those backend updates was because of what they saw in APOC) and it was a testing platform that they could stress pre A1. Everyone and their mother cried and shouted from the rooftops that they sold out and that AOC was a dead game and it made people unreasonably mad. So they eventually realized the publicity was bad and people hated it and took it down as it had served it's purpose I guess.

Who is right? No one knows. I hesitate to say IS lied to us since I had fun with it for a time while it was live and based on what we were told by IS it took them literally like 4 days of dev time to crank it out. But I have to believe that they got some sort of networking use out of it.
  • Options
    Well, if the networking issue hadn't been found the spin would be less believable. At the time BRs were a rage and IS sought to capitalise on the rage. We never did get horde mode or castle siege modes either.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well, if the networking issue hadn't been found the spin would be less believable. At the time BRs were a rage and IS sought to capitalise on the rage. We never did get horde mode or castle siege modes either.

capitalise? did they charge for access?
  • Options
    They didn't charge, but there was a "battle pass" full of MMO cosmetics. I also agree that they promised more modes that could have been fun but the backlash definitely shut down anything fun coming of that.
  • Options
    Abarat wrote: »

capitalise? did they charge for access?

They capitalised on publicity and then the publicity turned sour. Who else puts a test domain on steam?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I wouldn't mind it showing up later on
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    BR was also the quickest and easiest game to make with the already created assests. Without detracting from the ongoing development of the MMORPG.

Better to end the BR once they got the data they needed instead of continuing to distract Steven and Jeffrey and Bacon.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    BR was also the quickest and easiest game to make with the already created assests. Without detracting from the ongoing development of the MMORPG.

Better to end the BR once they got the data they needed instead of continuing to distract Steven and Jeffrey and Bacon.

The castle sieges were tested in A1 so it wouldn't take much to create a separate instance. Also, Horde mode takes less than a day to create with the assets. Can horde mode Mushrooms, Raptors anything really...The only thing that would take time is the portal and backend which isn't Steven's, Jeffrey's or Bacon's job.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Yep. But... it's better for IS to not create a separate game.
    Already plenty of delays with everyone at IS focused on the MMORPG.

Steven, Jeffrey and Bacon would have had to help create a new Battle Pass with new rewards.
    And, they would have had to be available to help squash bugs.
    Not worth the distraction to support a side-game.
  • Options
    Yep. But... it's better for IS to not create a separate game.
    Already plenty of delays with everyone at IS focused on the MMORPG.

Steven, Jeffrey and Bacon would have had to help create a new Battle Pass with new rewards.
    And, they would have had to be available to help squash bugs.
    Not worth the distraction to support a side-game.

Well, I'm against Battle Passes anyway. I found that strange for a test domain. I don't normally get any rewards for alpha and beta tests except inside knowledge.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Rewards as incentive to test in a game mode that is significantly different from an MMORPG.
    I don't like BRs, but I basically just tested by pursuing the tasks on the Battle Pass, so... the game mode was mostly irrelevant. And that helped give the dev team what they needed.
  • Options
    Rewards as incentive to test in a game mode that is significantly different from an MMORPG.
    I don't like BRs, but I basically just tested by pursuing the tasks on the Battle Pass, so... the game mode was mostly irrelevant. And that helped give the dev team what they needed.

It's all well and good to state it gave the devs what the devs wanted. That is the whole purpose to the point I made.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif