Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Sound mechanics and perception ideas

BalinBalin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
What if sounds in the game of different volumes could be heard far and wide? A dragon spawns and makes a roar that can be heard far away, giving information to those in the vicinity. Or perhaps a world boss says something when engaged, maybe so loudly, alerting others, that except for the encounter itself, contesting players becomes an issue too. In short, I think playing with sounds could make for interesting immersion and information. The idea of spells and monster sounds having an origin and a volume that decreases over a distance, thus giving you the ability to perceive beyond your screen, and get a sense of your surroundings.

To this, you could add skills, like "Listen carefully" or "tune in to target's sounds," increasing the volume of the sounds of your target because you are focused on them.

Scouting skills that could alter the information could be used.

I figure scouting skills could work for vision as well. Kind of like you get different amounts of information based on distance to objects and your skills. Thus making you able to specialize in information gathering. Perhaps even have skills that increase chances of finding temporary/permanent weaknesses about bosses and monsters.

A bunch of ideas that just came over me that feel fun and exciting.

What are your thoughts about perception and sound? Does this seem exciting for you as well?

Anyways, have a nice day :)

Comments