Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Words don't hurt

SpankedyaasSpankedyaas Member
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
k3ro01irfkjh.png
8tuqga2siqct.png
up2sysmjoew6.png

Was sent to discussion to have it buried by lines and lines of chat where it will not be considered, question unanswered, and subsequently there was no discussion just the community attacking me personally on my opinion and possibly solutions.
even until now, the community manager shows bias by not answering and sending me to discussion but allowing others to post in questions with improper context and not saying anything about it.

Comments

• Options
    Or?

A lot of us don't feel it's a significant problem. I get it - *you* do. But yours truly has played a good number of MMOs over the years, and (except for emulators, for some reason) it feels like it's just inevitable that there will be some toxicity from the player-base - ESPECIALLY in PvP.

Maybe it's just not something the community-at-large feels is an avoidable problem?

• Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2023
    I don't want devs to police the game and interfere unless there is harassment or hate speech, I think players should be able to be players and trash talk is part of it,

btw, I'm not a fan of getting a 3 month strike on your forum profile for literally just replying someone with a funny meme that has the following sentence: "wow you just achieved new levels of dumb"

but that happened to me here on the forums so... not sure if intrepid and volunteer moderation or future GMs are in the same page 🤷🏻‍♂️
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    I dont see an issue tbh just allow people to ignore somone and move on tbh, Racism and hate speech and what not is fine for devs to step in but trash talk and what not i think is fine just allow a way for more sensitive peopl to block somone if they dont like it
  • Options
    VhalkenVhalken Member
    edited September 2023
    I mean for me, if an ignore function exists in game, bans for chat shouldn't outside of spam/bypassing ignore/promoting ToS things (RMT, boosting, advertisement etc.). Someone calling you a bad player isn't going to kill you in real life. Just ignore people you don't want to interact with. Chances are you're in your late 20s or 30s playing this game, there's no reason to get emotional over communications with another player.

Obviously someone just flooding general chat with racism is terrible for the game but I hope we don't see the abuse of "right click report" that other games are now suffering from.
    h2o3wj6hwmhe.gif
  • Options
    Was sent to discussion to have it buried by lines and lines of chat where it will not be considered, question unanswered, and subsequently there was no discussion just the community attacking me personally on my opinion and possibly solutions.
    even until now, the community manager shows bias by not answering and sending me to discussion but allowing others to post in questions with improper context and not saying anything about it.

LOL, an Intrepid staff member takes the time to answer you, even though you've posted in the wrong thread, and then kindly points out that you've posted in the wrong thread, and your response is that you've been "sent" to "have it buried" "where it will not be considered", and that the staff member "shows bias by not answering"........

If this is how you act outside the game, I can only imagine just how unpleasant you'll be in-game. I hope they have a ban function, just for people like you! :D:D:D

Congrats, you've just made the Ignore List on your first post.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    well, what is harassment and hate speech? who defines that?

i suppose IS does since its their game, and its fair, but they better be precise definitions and examples.
    nowadays you mention basic science and thats basically hate speech and harassment and can get you banned in some places.

for example, i was so scared to even say hi in new world, because people would just get mass reported and banned when they didnt even say anything bad.