Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

AMD or NVIDIA which has better sympathy with AOC?

ElkzuElkzu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
The change is coming, the upgrade of my PC and the new technologies with AI from DLLS and FCR. From what I was finding out, Starfild created with the Creator Engine graphics engine, in the tests, has better performance with AMD. Does AOC or rather UE5 have more empathy with AMD or Nvidia?
Many say that they are both, but one always predominates over the other depending on the graphics engine they use.

Comments

• Options
    There's currently no way to know. Maybe in 6 months we'll have alpha 2 and benchmarks can show which one is currently better in an unoptimized alpha.

I expect they'll work hard to make both brands viable to use.
  • Options
    SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2023
    AMD GPU+AMD CPU = Cheaper, won't be overcharged/price gouged like nvidia gpu's. They work together to boost performance. Mixing with a Intel cpu would be silly.
    NVIDIA GPU+INTEL CPU = More expensive hand over fist, but often better optimized drivers, especially nvidia compared to amd drivers. The top line nvidia gpu always beats out the top line AMD gpu but it might cost you anywhere for 400-1000$ usd extra.

It doesnt matter which you choose just how much you want to spend.... AoC is not going to fps cap you on ultra, it's a MMORPG.. If you are getting the most recent generation tech anyways...
  • Options
    Just curious, are you building or buying?
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have requested dlss plugin for ue5. No feedback given on it yet. Otherwise, amd does a lot of work with Epic so I'm not sure which will be the dominant tech. Although, nvidia is focusing more on ai than gaming these days.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    ElkzuElkzu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2023
    Neurath wrote: »
    I have requested dlss plugin for ue5. No feedback given on it yet. Otherwise, amd does a lot of work with Epic so I'm not sure which will be the dominant tech. Although, nvidia is focusing more on ai than gaming these days.

It would be great if they gave you the answer. For my part Starwar Jedi that was developed with the unreal engine, the comparison between nvidia and amd, in ultra, ray tracing, lss 3.0 and fcr 2.0. amd showed better performance, and it should be noted that fcr 3.0 has not yet been implemented. It clearly influences the components of the PC and the drivers (that are fresh). Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but it's still interesting. I will continue testing with other games created with unreal.
  • Options
    Historically I think Nvidia has had higher performance with UE titles.
    787m8dm96z5g.gif
  • Options
    MfcrackersMfcrackers Member
    edited September 2023
    I just got back into PC gaming... personally.. I went with AMD. 7800x3D and sapphire nitro 7900xtx... I think either one will be fine.... wait.. or roll the dice like me.... 😂 I don't mind jumping into the fray headfirst...
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I went with the AM5 platform for the performance and better/cheaper future upgrade path (7800X3D), but a nvidia GPU (4090) for performance/driver stability. I also game in 4K though. I really want to love AMD GPUs, but there is always something that makes them not quite good enough. Driver issues or build quality or something.

Well, I hope AMD supports the AM5 platform as well as they did the AM4 platform at least, so I can simply swap in a new CPU when I feel like I need/want it. I hate how every single time I have ever upgraded an Intel CPU based machine, I also had to get a new motherboard. It's a complete waste IMO.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2023
    so, the answer is nvidia, just ignore what everyone else is saying, DLSS 3 is all that matters :D
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    5090 looks like an absolute beast as I predicted. Stoked.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited September 2023
    Liniker wrote: »
    so, the answer is nvidia, just ignore what everyone else is saying, DLSS 3 is all that matters :D

i was about to say that ^.^