Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How Intrepid Could Make Further Money For Development

Hello. I always try to make the most helpful forum posts. I think it would be just wonderful if we could purchase the pre-order packs or any other way of supporting the game for our family and friends, as a "gift." Kind of like how some other MMOs will allow you to gift people the new expansions. I ultimately believe this to be the best way for Intrepid Studios to make money and develop a greater player base. I want to see Intrepid--and Ashes of Creation--succeed, and so this is my idea behind the matter.

Comments

• Options
    Send them the money and point them to the website Store but do it before Jan 17, 2024
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Caww wrote: »
    Send them the money and point them to the website Store but do it before Jan 17, 2024

• Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Couldn't you also just buy it and set it up with their email and just gift them the account? I mean nothing would block you from buying it again.
    Caww wrote: »

Also it would be 2024, since it'll be January of next year.
  • Options
    I gifted a friend of mine the A2 pack by getting the relevante data to set up the account in his name, then I deleted my billing data and handed him the accountname and password - done. Of course it would be easier if there was a gift function - we do not need to argue that.

At this point however I think the best move would be to go with internal financing, as Steven said he is able and willing to provide the necessary liquidity to see this through. With the waiting time for Alpha 2 being quite long in a lot of peoples opinion, I would argue the internal financing is preferable to looking for new external monetization strategies - it would result in too much bad press and voices saying "it is a scam". For now let them use internal funds and bring along new monetization options after they launched Alpha 2, that would be my take on this.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    I think once Alpha 2 releases releasing some skins would generate some extra revenue if needed.

Those skins would not be deleted with the progression to Beta and Live release though.

It depends if IS really needs to get the extra income during A2 testing or not.
    787m8dm96z5g.gif
  • Options
    1. Make the requirements less dumb.
    2. Delete the part or the process.
    3. Simplify or Optimize.
    4. Accelerate cycle-time.
    5. Automate.

Much love <3
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    merch
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2023
    Liniker wrote: »
    merch

I would buy Ashes merch to support the studio...

Maybe a founders version that will not be sold after the game is launched.
  • Options
    Intrepid just need to add one tiny thing to the store page to solve this, gift card option, buy the gift card, enter the email of recipient and then they gotta claim it using their own account
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Liniker wrote: »
    merch

This. I need me an official AOC hoodie
  • Options
    Zogzor wrote: »
    I ultimately believe this to be the best way for Intrepid Studios to make money and develop a greater player base.
    They could also activate subscription in Alpha 2 if it ends up good beyond expectation and too many players turn up on the server causing hours long login queues.
  • Options
    Merch as already stated!
    T shirts, Books, Car decals, Autographed paintings, Mouse pads, Gaming Chairs, Mugs, Maps, etc. etc. etc

If Intrepid can live up to the hype, there will be PLENTY of people wanting Merch!
  • Options
    I have my Ashes Monthly Update action figures on pre-order.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png