preorder pack cosmetics/Cosmetic discussion

So I didnt know they were going through rotating preorder packs, if you dont like the cosmetic you got with your preorder any possibility to change it. This one looks pretty dope with the bones, I got the islander pack :/

aside from that, what kinds of cosmetics are you hoping to see. I'd like to see a "Transmog" option to change the look of gear without changing stats. Also would be cool to see profession gear
cg1zblri5ija.png

Comments

• Others have mentioned the reason why I voted against.

As good as peoples intentions are, eventually it will be used as a tool of elitism and exclusion.

I saw it is ESO.....you can't be in our raid group unless you are doing XXXX damage a sec or healing XXXX amount and was on the receiving end of that bat JUST because of my race/class combo. I do get it to a certain extent because many of the events do require you to burn the boss down in X time of you fail (which is a failing in an of itself, the game requiring elitism, which causes it to not be fun anymore (at least for me))

I did actually bow to that pressure finally and went for a DPS build that allowed me to participate but the character then was not fun to play any time else (he became a good 1 trick pony). This might not be a problem for some but I'm a one character type of person. I might have alts but I "play" one 90% of the time.

Honestly we who played MMO's "before" in game metrics and the like used some real simple tools to find out where we were......go find a relatively tough mob or group of them and kill them and look at the DPS you did and how long it took. If you are doing more and killing quicker, voila! you are improving! In game metrics are a contrived crutch for those unwilling to find solve the problem with other methods.
  • Others have mentioned the reason why I voted against.

As good as peoples intentions are, eventually it will be used as a tool of elitism and exclusion.

I saw it is ESO.....you can't be in our raid group unless you are doing XXXX damage a sec or healing XXXX amount and was on the recieving end of that bat JUST because of my race/class combo. I do get it to a certain extent because many of the events do require you to burn the boss down in X time of you fail (which is a failing in an of itself, the game requiring elitism, which causes it to not be fun anymore (at least for me))

I did actually bow to that pressure finally and went for a DPS build that allowed me to participate but the character then was not fun to play any time else (he became a good 1 trick pony). This might not be a problem for some but I'm a one character type of person. I might have alts but I "play" one 90% of the time.

Honestly we who played MMO's "before" in game metrics and the like used some real simple tools to find out where we were......go find a relatively tough mob or group of them and kill them and look at the DPS you did and how long it took. If you are doing more and killing quicker, voila! you are improving! In game metrics are a contrived crutch for those unwilling to find solve the problem with other methods.
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Its like magic. The old forum posts are necroing.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • yeahh I was confused by that lol
    cg1zblri5ija.png